sixteen . a maiden's room

"AYAME!"

ayame whipped her head towards the door. the garden was calm, unlike the room she was in at the moment. the woman's cursed energy felt like a storm, and ayame felt like she was getting shredded apart.

"i heard someone calling me!" ayame yelled over the wind, though the woman didn't budge. "i have to go!"

"AYAME, WAKE UP!"

after receiving no response from the woman, ayame gritted her teeth and sprinted out of the room. nearing the edge of the hallway, ayame leaped into the garden. though, every thing seemed as if they were in slow motion, and in mid air, ayame heard the woman say,

"we'll meet again."

before her feet could touch the ground, the world turned pitch black.

-

ayame's eyes lifted open, though it quickly closed from the sudden entry of the sunlight. ayame groaned before curling up into a ball, covering her face.

"i think i went blind from the sun..."

"hey, ayame!" a voice yelled. ayame then covered her ears with her pillow.

"ugh, go away... it's too early for this."

"ayame, get the hell up right now." the voice was muffled, though ayame could her them. it sounded masculine, like...

ayame's eyes snapped open.

she shot up, and stared wide-eyed at the hakari who was standing next to her bed. the male's eyes were wide as well, and his eyebrows were pressed together. also, why is he standing in a defensive form...?

though, hakari wasn't the only one in her room at the moment.

shinju and yasuhiro - is he holding a cat? -, as well as one of the teachers, kusakabe, was also standing near her door. if ayame looked carefully, there were also a couple of people standing behind kusakabe, too. at the sight of the crowd, ayame's mouth hung open.

"what the heck are you doing in my room?! get out!" ayame shrieked before pulling up her blanket to cover herself - well, she wasn't naked, it's just that she's embarrased by her pink pyjamas that had cute little chicks printed on them. ayame pointed a finger accusingly at hakari. "don't you know to not enter a maiden's room as you please?! respect my privacy, damn it!"

ayame's complaints fell to deaf ears as hakari grabbed her shoulders. "ayame," he said,"did something happen?"

in response, ayame grabbed hakari's wrists, trying to free herself. in result, the two began to wrestle. "huuuuh? you're asking me?! excuse you, you barged into my room while i was sleeping!"

"and i had my reasons, you dunce!"

"hey, um, let's all calm down for a second. sorry, ayame-chan." shinju said. she patted hakari's arms, making him let go of ayame.

"um," yasuhiro pointed at the wall behind ayame. "is nobody going to address that?"

"huh?"

ayame looked down, and on her sheets were black liquid dripping from above her. her eye brows furrowed, and she then looked at the direction yasuhiro was pointing at.

it took a few seconds for her brain to register what was happening.

ayame stared at the giant sunflower in her room with her mouth hanging open. then, she jumped up to her feet, standing on her bed.

"HIMAWARI?!" ayame covered her mouth. "what are you doing?! why are you out right now?" she scolded the flower, otherwise known as her technique, black moon sunflower, and began smacking it by the stem. the sunflower slumped, as if it was showing guilt. "return! who told you to come out, huuuh?! bad flower!"

the other individuals in the room simply watched as the flower dissipates into dust at ayame's command.

"what, that's all? man, i shouldn't have come to check..." kusakabe said, scratching his neck. then, the teacher began walking away from the room.

yasuhiro chuckled, covering his mouth with his sleeve. "it's a good thing nothing happened."

ayame turned around and asked. "so...? why did you guys come to my room? because of my technique?"

the second years and hakari glanced towards each other.

"well, we suddenly felt a spike of cursed energy." shinju said. "so we came to check. good thing it's just your technique, huh, ayame-chan?"

"ah... true..."

yasuhiro, still holding his cat, somehow managed to drag hakari anf shinju towards the door. "if there's nothing else, then let's get going. ayame needs her privacy, right? sorry for barging in like this."

"yes...! thank yoUAAAAAAAAAAA - ?! "

at the yell, hakari, shinju and yasuhiro snapped around. "ayame?! what's - "

"NOOOOOOOO! MY! - MY DEAREST - ?!"

ayame was staring up at her ceiling, eyes glassy, brimming with tears of shock. her shoulders were slumped, and she was pulling on her hair.

"MY SORA POSTER...!!!" ayame said, body shaking violently. "NNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

"huh?"

hakari, shinju and yasuhiro followed ayame's eyes, and lo and behold, the sora poster that was plastered on ayame's ceiling was... melted. all that remained was the male idol's eyes, and the lower part of his abdomen. simply put, it was ruined.

"that's... that's it?"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'THAT'S IT'?! I LINED UP FOR THIS POSTER FOR FIVE HOURS!!"

the three watched as ayame threw a tantrum on her bed, punching the air as she yelled out curses and swear words directed to herself. it seemed that she treasured the poster a lot...

"let's... let's give her some time to recover."