three . bubble tea

any bubble tea people here?

i like bubble tea but without... the bubble. LOL

-

after a few exchange of words, ayame found out that the girl and the boy were step-siblings. tsumiki's full name being fushiguro tsumiki. she's the older sister of the grumpy boy, fushiguro megumi.

ayame also found out that tsumiki is a second year in junior high, while megumi is a first year.

"cool... i'm a third year." ayame said. "gonna get into high school in two months..."

tsumiki chuckles. "good luck. i'm sure you'll get into the school you want."

'well, i don't really know which school i want to get in,' is what ayame wanted to say, but she kept silent.

their interaction ended with tsumiki and megumi walking out of the store, a box of blueberry tarts in the former's hand.

it has been two weeks since.

ayame had been going through her days as usual, helping out at the shop, school, some hanging around here and there, and exorcism.

exorcism is a pain.

ayame had never gotten proper training, save for when she was about 7 years old when her grandma was still alive. the elder woman had helped her get into shape and taught her about the hereditary cursed technique of the ohashi clan, and those teachings are the only thing ayame knows.

that was 9 years ago.

her grandma passed away 9 years ago.

she had nothing else to work on. there weren't any scripts or notes about the technique.

"it's because the system is a mess." grandma had said, one day.

ayame didn't understand what she meant by system but,"a mess? why?"

grandma shrugged. "we'll never know who's going to get the technique. it's random." a leaf floated onto ayame's head and the woman brushed it away. "the only thing we know is that only the girls get it, and it skips a generation - sometimes two. what if it suddenly ends?"

ayame squinted her eyes. none of the words got into her head.

"then why did i get it? why didn't my cousins get it? kiyo-nee-chan? she was born first."

"we don't know, dear." grandma squished the child's soft cheeks. "but you were picked, and that's all that matters. you're going to be cool."

"i'm going to be cool?!"

"hell yeah. i promise."

ayame is now in a cafe, still in her school uniform, and is currently sitting in a corner. she sips her bubble tea, occasionally chewing the black pearls. she wonders, why does she keep buying these? they're annoying to finish, yet she can't seem to stop.

she sinks into her seat. drunk on bubble tea. only a single thing is on her mind.

'my stomach hurts.'

blep.

ayame's half-opened eyes opens themselves to the fullest. she blinks once. twice. then, she looked around the cafe.

what...?

'i didn't fart, did i?'

ayame shook her head. no, no. she is a maiden. a soft, delicate maiden who would never let herself pass gas in public. loudly at that!

of course she didn't fart. lol.

because her answer came flying right into her.

ayame ducks down. a cursed spirit had flown towards her with it's sharp nails aiming at her eyes. the girl hits the table in front of her with a clatter.

"oof!" an 'oof' of pain escapes her. she straightens her back, and sees a lot of eyes looking at her with concern and confusion. she painfully smiles, both from the throbbing pain on her forehead as well as embarrassment. pain.

she glares at the cursed spirit that landed right beside her.

'this little...'

gweeheeheh.

"oh. you're laughing?" she hisses through gritted teeth. "you won't be for long."

after making sure that no eyes were on her anymore, ayame grabs the spirit. it shrieks, but no one could hear it. ayame focuses an amount of cursed energy into her palms. then,

pop.

the remaining pieces of it dissipated into dust.

heaving a sigh, ayame gets up from her seat to leave. she throws her school bag on her shoulder and picks up the empty cups that are filled with uneaten pearls. she throws them away and reaches for the door.

her hand stops, though.

it feels as if the time stopped for a moment. all noises around her muted out. she hesitantly turns her head around.

there.

her eyes landed on a person. a person who had his eyes covered with a strange black cloth and.. weird spiky white hair. she couldn't see it, but she's sure that he's looking directly at her with a slight grin. a cup of tea near his lips.

there is also a strangely familiar aura around him. ayame feels weirded out.

first of all, why is he wearing that... thing over his eyes? does he have eye problems?

ayame then realises the thought was rude. she shouldn't assume things right off the bat. maybe he does have an eye problem.

'okay. let's get out of here.' she shakes her head before covering her mouth. 'i think i'm going to throw up bubble tea when i get home.'

the girl pushes the door open and speed walks to the nearest bus stand. the man gave her the creeps and she had to make a run for it.

from afar, gojo satoru watched as the girl walked away from the cafe till she had gone from is sight. he put his cup down before sighing. his grin never leaving his face.

"this makes my work easier."