fifteen . dream

ayame closed her eyes, and slipped into unconsciousness

ayame closed her eyes, and slipped into unconsciousness. light snores came from her mouth, and the only other thing that could be heard was the sound of the wind blowing outside.

...

"you are finally here."

ayame opened her eyes.

pitch black.

"...huh?"

the girl looked down, and saw her body (thankfully clothed) standing in a sea of darkness. she stared at her hands in confusion. she couldn't feel anything under her feet, and yet she was standing just fine.

wait. is she even breathing? is her heart beating?

"over here."

ayame looked over shoulder. a blurry figure stood a few metres away from her. she squinted her eyes. from what she could make out, the person was wearing a black kimono with what seemed to be floral designs.

'a woman?'

"come."

ayame turned her body towards the woman. ayame was still squinting her eyes and her face was scrunched up, like she someone ate garbage and farted right in front of her face. "uhm... okay, missAAAAAAAAAAAH - "

ayame had only taken a step forward, and suddenly she began to fall down through the endless world of pitch black. was this how it felt skydiving? she shut her eyes, protecting it from the harsh wind.

well it didn't really matter if she closed them or not, since this was a dream. ayame was just scared.

"aaaaAAAAAAAAAA -"

BAM!

ayame faceplanted onto the ground right in front of the lady. she didn't feel any pain, but the falling experience was scarily real that she would not like to go through it again. her heart was racing as fast as a horse could run, and it was pretty damn fast.

ayame groggily got up, with blinking eyes, and dusted herself before lifting her head up, taking a look at the woman. it was dark - there wasn't any source of light, yet ayame could see her clearly.

the woman had a scar running from the bottom of her left eye towards the edge of her mouth. she wore a black hat with a huge brim, and a veil made of silk hung from them, casting shadows on her face. she also wore a traditional black kimono, and ayame confirmed that there were indeed floral designs on them.

the woman was looking down on ayame through her long lashes, lips pressed into a thin line. ayame had the urge to look away, but she didnt.

perhaps it was fear, or maybe she was captivated by the woman's beauty.

after moments of silence, the woman held out a hand. ayame glanced at the hand, before taking it. it was... soft. and familiar.

she got up, and was surprised to see how the woman was shorter than her.