twenty five . flower spirits

ayame couldn't figure out how long she had been walking.

walking through the empty, white space which she had thought was the flower realm. but all she saw was nothing in sight.

perhaps she was being rejected?

ayame stopped in her tracks.

no way! god knows how long she's been asleep right now, and if she woke up without receiving nothing fruitful, then what was she going to do? go back to sleep? yeah right, a person like her could only sleep so much.

ayame stepped forward again, and another, and another one before a calm walk turned into a full-blown run. all the while chanting in her head,

'please don't wake up don't wake up don't wake up don't wake up don't wake up don't wake up do - "

"she's here!"

a voice rang through her ears. a sweet, bell-like voice echoed through the space, and ayame couldn't seem to stop running.

"she's here! she's finally here!"

'who?'

"you, ayame!"

ayame's face went stiff. 'i... wasn't asking that.'

"master ayame's here?" another voice introduced itself, sounding like a young boy only entering puberty.

"she's here!" a young girl's voice.

"let's go greet her! let's go!" the voices of three children chorused, seemingly in a hurry.

"it's too damn early for this. quiet down, will you...?" a deep voice, one belonging to a man. he seemed to be tired. "hey — watch where you're going you runts!"

"aha, don't be like that now, kurobara-san. it's understandable why they're all so excited." a soft, gentle voice of a woman. her smile could be heard in her words.

ayame was... well, she was getting overwhelmed.

so many voices entered her head at once, and she couldn't focus on all of them. they chattered away, and ayame was still running into nowhere, no exact destination to stop at.

"why is she taking so long?"

"shouldn't we come fetch her?"

"she's still out of the boundaries. we can't."

she wished they could just quiet down so she could focus. oh well.

it felt like she was running forever when suddenly she slammed into an invisible wall. her body bounced back and landed on her bottom. fortunately it was painless, but ayame knew if it happened in real life, she would be tearing up by then.

'a wall...'

ayame jumped back to her feet and placed her hand on the invisible wall. with all her might, she used her body weight and pushed against it, and felt it move like a door.

the scene she was met with was... interesting.

"she's here!!" "ayame!"

before ayame could process what was happening, a small body threw themselves onto ayame, another clung onto ayame's arm and one more hugged her leg. losing her balance, they all fell down onto the ground with a thump.