Epilogue

"I feel like I just learned my colors all over again." Dream groaned leaning back against a barrel.

"HAHA! I'm pretty sure you just did!" Sapnap laughed. "You try being blind for five to six years! It's not exactly the most comforting thing." Dream said.

The group was sitting around a campfire telling stories and overall just talking about their experiences.

"I never asked Dream, but how did you get the curse?" Tommy asked.

" It's not really a long story but basically I went to the nether fortress and was cut by a wither skeleton. Not only did I get the wither effect I slowly started not being able to see anything around me." Dream explained.

"Oh! I remember that! You were sick for like a solid two days because of the wither effect alone." George said looking at him. "Yeah, it was awful." Dream said. "You looked miserable. George came and got me at one point panicked." Sapnap added.

"Were you even at the fortress?" Fundy asked. "No! That's the thing I was just using the nether as a fast travel. It snuck up on me, that's how I got cut so easily. I made it back through the portal before I became blind but it sucks trying to walk through the nether blind. Tommy is lucky we didn't have too." Dream said.

"Not gonna lie I was curious of where you got those burns at the time." Wilbur said. "How was your experience with coping." Eret asked. "It was... interesting. To say the least. I learnt on my own and at first it was hard. Since Sapnap or George knew about it, it was hard to tell who was in front of me. So, they would always have to start conversations first-"

"-when I finally got the idea to try and listen to their footsteps is when it changed. I learnt everyone's footsteps and what they sounded like. Even the mobs. It was hard at first and I will admit. I fucked up a few times but in the end I got really good at it and was able to teach Tommy so he didn't make the same mistakes I did." Dream finished.

"Don't get me wrong. It was hard as hell and I probably made it sound easy but it was extremely hard just to learn to indicate the different sounds." Dream added. "Wow, that must really be something." Fundy simply said.

Dream wheezed slightly "Trust me you have no idea what it's like." Tommy said. "Child you have no room to talk you were too stubborn to teach." Dream said. "HEY! First of all I learnt in the end what you were trying to teach me. Secondly I am NOT a child!" Tommy yelled.

Everyone around the campfire laughed. "It's true!" Tommy said, trying to defend himself. Once everyone has calmed down Niki speaks up "Well we can put this behind us and begin another chapter."

"For sure." George said. "Agreed." Dream and Tommy said grinning putting an end to this dark time in their lives and opening the book to a new set of chapters waiting to be told.

THE END

A/N: I'm not gonna lie I did not expect this fanfic to get as much support as it did. I thought it was going to go down hill the moment I mention Dream being blind as well, but I'm really glad you guys enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun writing this one. 

Anyway I hope to see you in later stories bye for now!