3. Making A Friend

I know it only takes fifteen minutes to get to the pack house, but right now it feels more like an eternity getting there

I know it only takes fifteen minutes to get to the pack house, but right now it feels more like an eternity getting there. My leg is nervously thumping up and down as Nathan drives. Take a deep breathe in and slowly release it, surely that will work. Nope, no help what-so-ever! I continue taking deep breathes, but feel my head start to spin. I stare down at my hands while the dizzy spell fades away, which is thankfully just a short spell. The nerves have never stopped since we left, instead they are causing knots in my stomach to the point of being unbearable. Hopefully, we are almost there but the sun is already down and I cannot tell where exactly we are.

I feel as the car slows and starts to turn. My head snaps up quickly to see it looks like we are pulling into a drive. Nathan pulls up behind other cars and puts the car in park. As soon as I step out of the car I hear music playing off in the distance and see people walking toward the back side of the house. Taking a quick look at the pack house, it was huge. Since, my parents had their own house within the territory there has never been a reason for me to come here, even though my father once said one floor could be ours if we wanted it. It is absolutely breath taking, seeing the gray stone that seems to mold together with windows here and there, while there is a tree growing right up the side of the pack house. Just by looking at it now there is no way I can tell how many floors it even has, it is literally like a mansion hidden in the woods. I can see myself living here, depending on where I may get placed within the pack.

"Claire, party is around the back. Are you coming or are you going to hangout hereat the car staring at the pack house?" Nathan asks, laughing at me as he is walking in front of me toward the party. Guess he noticed me being in my own little world.

A small sour feeling comes over me comes over me watching Nathan walk off. Well, hello jealousy. He always seems to fit in with everyone no matter where he goes. Guess he got the good genes, not really fair in my opinion. Nathan did not just come to hang out tonight, he is getting a spot within the pack as well. Even though he is a year older then I am they didn't have the bonfire last year due to so very few new members came of age, so the Alpha held it off an extra year for them so that they could focus on training more.

Slowly, I make myself start walking in the same direction I seen my brother go. As I walk closer to the back part of the house I start seeing some lanterns placed ever so neatly to light the way. Hearing the music grow louder, and the small vibrations from the base going through my feet with each step I took. I continue to follow the path that is lighted. Rounding the corner, the smell of the grills hit me in the face, the sweet smell of chicken hit my nose making my mouth water intensely. There is so many people here already tonight just talking and walking around. I spot a few picnic tables open with no one there, that is where I will go for now at least. Slowly walking over to them, remembering to move slow so that way anyone can talk to me if they choose too.

I finally reach the picnic table and sit down on the edge, to where I can watch as everyone moves about. I notice most people seem to be in groups, some of the women are laughing while some keep looking around them. Trying to hold in a small laugh, I cough slightly. It is funny to see how some women try to play innocent but are far from it, they neither are looking for their mate or must be waiting to be spoke to about their position in the pack. A woman suddenly appears in front of me causing me to jump back against the table. Did this woman just jump from the darn trees or something? That will teach me to pay closer attention to the people right here at me.