Twenty-One

A/N: not to scare you guys but i'm putting a big tw for a part of this chapter. I'll put ** before the trigger and another when it's over. obviously this book is triggering to begin with but it's a little more intense this chapter.

i also want to add in here, in case you haven't read my bio, i'm a lesbian so the slur that's gonna be used in this chapter, i'm allowed to use :)

(Y/N's POV)

"I hate this," I call out from the bathroom while getting ready for the bar.

"I'm sure you look great," Spence calls back from the bedroom. I open the door to exit the bathroom.

"I look like shit, you can see literally every scar while wearing this," I say trying to adjust the outfit. You were wearing a short, purple dress with a slight shimmer to it. It wasn't strapless but was spaghetti straps. The neckline was pretty low and I put on fishnets as well to try and cover at least some of the scars. I also decided to torture my feet and wear black heels. "Maybe I shouldn't go tonight."

"Y/N, you look great. It was your idea to go out as well, you'll be fine." I smile at him. He looked good too. He was wearing jeans, yes jeans, and a black, button-up, short-sleeved shirt with small red dots. I look like nothing compared to him. "Hey, I'm not lying to you. You look incredible."

"Thanks Spence, you look really good too." He blushes slightly, "Now, come on. I want alcohol in my system." I grab his hand and start to pull him towards the door. He manages to grab his keys and wallet and I grab my purse on the way out.

--

The bar was only about 10 minutes from Spence's apartment, or I guess, our apartment. It doesn't have that high of a reputation but Derek swears by it so we decided to give it a chance. I start to get really nervous when Spence pulls into a parking space. Why did I pick such a revealing outfit...

"You're okay, I'll be right there with you the entire time. Tonight is going to be fun," he reassured me.

"I just have a bad feeling about tonight Spencer..." It was true. I didn't know why, I'm probably just being paranoid. It was my idea to go out after all. I just need to get a drink and let loose and I'll be okay.

"Don't worry, everything is going to be okay." I nod at him and start to exit the car. I take a deep breath and we both start walking towards the bar. As soon as I enter, my senses are overwhelmed by everything.

The bright lights on the dance floor, the strong alcohol smell, the blaring music and loud talking. It was very crowded and honestly made me a little uncomfortable. Spence senses this and grabs my hand. I look up at him and he mouths you're okay to me. Alcohol. I need alcohol.

After a few seconds of looking, Spence spots the rest of the team and starts to walk me towards them.

"'Eyyyyy it's kitten and pretty boy! Glad you could make it!" Derek yells over the music. Emily quickly pulls me into a hug. She looks fucking hot. She acts with so much confidence, I'm jealous. She's wearing a short red dress that hugs all of her curves perfectly. It's low cut and strapless and wow I'm gay. If things don't work out with Spence, I have a really really hot backup plan.

"You okay Y/N?" She asks me. I must've been staring. I nod. "Alright, you look absolutely gorgeous, I love the dress."

"T-thanks, you look- wow- incredible."

"Pretty boy, I think you have some competition," Derek jokes.

"Shut it," I joke back. "Where's the drinks?"

"Did I hear drinks??" I hear Penelope and turn around to see her and JJ carrying two trays of drinks, both shots and chasers.

"My saviors," I say as everyone, except for Spence, grabs a shot. I hold up mine for a toast and everyone follows. "To everyone being safe and back together again. Cheers!" Everyone clinks and takes their shots as Spence sips his water. The reaction varies between the different members of the team. It was really strong for a first shot. I cough, "Garci what was that?"