~When One Teaches, Two Learn~

Miriam awoke to the rich smell of freshly baked pastries. She threw on a robe and headed into the kitchen.

'Smells amazing' Miriam leaned against the black marble countertop watching Magnus pour a glass of orange juice.

'Thank you biscuit.' Magnus handed her the glass as she took a long gulp, closing her eyes at the feeling of the cold liquid quenching her thirst.

'Where is Clary?' Miriam asked, grabbing a pain au chocolat.

'She's at the institute. She's safe.'

'Am I allowed to see her?'

'Of course you are! You're not a prisoner!' Magnus and Miriam shared a chuckle.

'Thank you for the breakfast by the way Magnus, it's amazing!'

'Ah you're too kind!' Magnus insisted.

~❄️~

'Now, I want you to concentrate. Focus on moving that book over there.' Magnus guided as Miriam lifted her hand.

The book was shaking violently, it wouldn't budge. Miriam let out a sigh of defeat. 'I can't do it! I'm useless!'

'No you're not, you're just thinking too much. If you stay calm, you're magic will come naturally.'

Miriam took a deep breath, feeling the air fill her lungs. She flicked her index finger and the book flew across the room.

'You did it!' Magnus cheered.

'I did it!' Miriam spoke her eyes wide open.

~❄️~

'You're a really good teacher Magnus!'

'You think so?' Magnus took a sip from his cocktail.

'I know so.'

'And you're a really fast learner Miriam, I'm proud of you. You'll be fighting demons in no time!'

'You think so?' Miriam smiled.

Magnus returned the smile. 'I know so.'

They both laughed the night away, Miriam trying out her newly learned tricks and Magnus sharing memories of his century old memories.

Before Miriam went to bed she pulled out her phone to send Clary a text. I hope you're okay Clary. Look I'm sorry if I scared you I didn't mean to. If you haven't already figured it out, I'm a Warlock. I know how to control my powers enough now, a really nice Warlock helped me to understand. He's called Magnus Bane and he knows about you as well. Text me back when you can.
Miss you,
Miri xx