~Wounds~

Miriam found a bathroom to which she took Raphael. She yanked the napkins from the dispenser and wet them in a drip from the tap.

'Hands.'

Raphael gave Miriam a hand, bloody and bruised.

She dabbed at the skin, removing the blood from his red knuckles.

'You don't have to do that you know.' Raphael smirked. 'I could just lick off the blood.'

'Fuck off' she laughed. Carrying on attending to his wounds.

'Wait.. are you serious?'

'No obviously not.' Raphael chuckled.

'Just checking.' She smiled.

Miriam noticed a cut which scraped along Raphael's cheekbone. It looked painful, it must've come from Jameson's nails as he tried to fight him off.

'Was that all he could do.' Miriam lightened the mood.

'Apparently so.'

Miriam wiped the blood from his face, trying her hardest not to make eye contact with Raphael. The distance between them was sparse as her hand lingered against his face.

Raphael on the other hand wasn't so shy, he stood gazing at her as if she was made from a thousand diamonds.

The tension between them rose like a kettle waiting to burst. Miriam moved her gaze onto his lips. They were soft, parted ever so slightly. Oh how she wanted to kiss them. Melt into his arms.

Raphael lifted her chin, his thumb resting softly on her jawline.

Miriams breathing hitched as the bathroom door swung open. Magnus standing in the doorway.

'Oh goodness Miriam. I've been looking everywhere for you!' Magnus sighed in relief.

Miriam looked to Raphael but he was already gone, slipping through the crowd and out of the club.

'Come on biscuit, let's get you home.' Magnus spoke softly but as if he was in a hurry to leave.

                                   ~❤️‍🩹~

Miriam didn't tell Magnus exactly how Raphael stopped Jameson. He didn't ask, she was grateful for that.

'That sleazy little bastard' Said Magnus.

'I hope he's learned his lesson.'

'If not I'll teach him it' Magnus looked furious.

Miriam felt for once in her life, safe, loved. It was nice knowing that there was people who had your back.

'Anyway.' Magnus' demeanor shifted. 'You and Raphael?'