~Alec~

Alec took Miriam just off 116st to a bench which sat underneath the long green leaves which hung down from the weeping tree. The sun was now beginning to rise, making small beads of light peak through the leaves and dance across their faces. 

Miriam sat with her knees close to her chest, she felt vunerable. Alec sat gracefully next to her, placing his bow against the cold concrete of the bench.

He spoke gently, as if to not startle her. 'So, how do you feel?'

'Alone. It's like, I come into this world where I'm supposed to belong. The one place I should fit in, yet I don't. All these secrets and lies I can't deal with it any longer! I just want to be loved. I want a family.' Miriams voice wavered. She couldn't stop the tears from falling. 

'I'm sorry' she sniffed.

'You don't have to apologise Miriam. You're safe here. I understand.'

'You do?'

'I know I will never be able to comprehend what it's like to not have family. But I know what it's like to feel like an outsider.'

'How so?'

'Well Jace, you know he was taken in by my parents?'

Miriam nodded.

'It's like, He can do no wrong. Absolute golden child if you ask me. Yet I am never good enough, I try my damn best all the time and all I'm ever met with is 'but did you see what Jace did' It's exhausting. I feel like I'm never good enough'

'I'm Sorry Alec. I can't change it for you though I wish I could. But just know you're always good enough to me.'

'Thank you, really.'

'I'm always here to listen.'

'Me too.' Alec and Miriam shared a smile.

'Maybe we can be like eachothers family?'

'I'd like that.'

'Then it's a deal.' Miriam offered her hand to which Alec shook.

'Deal.' he chuckled.