chapter 14

So please vote and comment.

***************************

Alex's POV

******

She walked away from me and I new she was going to take a lot of persuasion. She was just like my father ...... Stubborn!

She is going to have to forgive me ... I am her mate after all she will eventually come round to the idea of being the Luna.

I got back to the pack house and was on my way to go and talk to my father. I entered his office and he was sat at his desk . I walked up to him and sat down in a chair close to the desk.

He looked up from his work and smiled at me before looking back down to continue. "How can I help you?" He asked in a cheery tone. I was dreading the next conversation , I new he would not be in a good mood for long.

"Well I went and talked to Minnie about the whole mate thing and well ....... She wasn't ...... Convinced that it is best for her." I said it cautiously because I didn't want him to go all wolf on me.

"What?!" He sounded annoyed " What do you mean she wasn't convinced ...... It is not all about her it is about the pack." he didn't look me in the eye,  instead he picked his pen back up and continued to do his work obviously bored of this conversation. I needed to give him some good news to get him to talk to me.

" She .... Eerrrm .... Well she said hummm ." I couldn't think of anything that was for the pack and not just for her. I new she wanted a life but she had to think about other people's lives as well.

"She has not compromised one bit ..... She will not be a fit Luna is she can not agree on one thing." He said standing up, he looked around him as if he had lost something. His eyes landed on the shelf on the left of him.

"Oh yeah and what have you compromised for her?" I said confidently. He was in the middle of reaching for the stapler, he froze and turned his head to face me.

"I gave her you." He said not so confident. Slowly he looked back to the stapler with a small frown forming on his face.

"Well she doesn't want me don't you see? You are forcing her to do things she doesn't want to do so she is pulling away. " I said getting angry. I was having to chose between my pack and father against my mate. The bond to my mate was stronger but my pack and my father need me .

He looked at me for a couple of seconds before sitting down with the stapler in hand,  he placed it on the table and rested his arms on the desk,  fingers locked together.

" look son. What she needs to understand is that she has to think about the pack. If the alpha doesn't have a Luna then the pack will be weaker and then we might not have a pack any more if we all get killed. She is right the Luna does have a lot of responsibility but that is just part of it ,the rest is just Like normal life. You do the same things you do normally, the only thing that changes is the title you are given  ."he was so calm that I couldn't believe this was him talking.

"OK ." I didn't know what else to say. I headed for the door but stopped as my father called me.

"Don't let her make you unhappy son, I don't want to see you hurt because your mate couldn't do what was best for us all ." He said.

"She is not the one who is making me unhappy." I said as I stormed out of the room and out in to the hall way.

I was confused at him. Why would she make me unhappy ? Just seeing her makes me happy. The thought of her not wanting me broke my heart but I knew if I showed anyone that it could cost me my pack.