chapter 23

I'm so sorry that I have been away for so long, I have edited it now but it still needs some spelling checks.

Well I hope you like it!!!

********************

I ran down about a hundred hall ways and through a couple of ball rooms getting a few weird looks from passing members of the blood moon pack. Some even asked if I was okay but I just carried on , ignoring them as I was running trying to find my mate.

I couldn't hear him and I couldn't smell him, if I didn't know that he was in the cells, I wouldn't have thought he was even in this mansions. stupid Alphas and their stupid quarrels. cant they see that they can not change the past and revenge is just showing weakness to your enemy. to be a strong pack, you take what you are given and you give what is needed.

I came to a stair case that went up and down and I thought it might be more likely that the cells are down rather than up because that is were they always are in horror movies and all the books.

I pelted it down the stairs and came to two hall ways one going left and one going right. I was about to go right when someone's hand touched my shoulder and I was spun round to face Mark his piercing eyes just inches away from my face making me a little uncomfortable as his glare nearly burned all the way through my skull.

"What are you doing down hear?" He asked smirking at me but his eyes still held that fearsome glare. I couldn't help but think how much I didn't miss that smirk.

"What do you think I'm doing ?!" I groaned at him already starting to walk back up the stairs knowing I wasn't going to win this one, he followed me with a chuckle , I turned to face him and he looked up at me, the glare gone and replaced with amusement but the smirk was still there.

"Why did you help?" I asked getting a little emotional again as I thought about why I was here and why my best friend and my mate had to suffer for something that happened a very long time ago. he probably wasn't involved with what happened and yet he still helped.

"Help what?" He asked but I new he new what I was on about  ,but he was just trying to get to me.

"Why did you help your Alpha do something so ............. Horrible . To separate mates is one if the worst crimes in the world and you just did it all with a smirk on your stupid face!" I felt a stray tear fall down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away knowing that if I showed weakness, they would walk all over me.

His mischievous smirk disappeared as his features were taken over by a dark look that had both guilt and anger in it .

"You really think that I wanted to do this?...... I did it because I was given orders by my Alpha! ....... I smirk when I do it so people don't see how much it affects me about some of the horrible things I do." He composed his self with an awkward cough and then carried on walking up the stairs.

I turned to look back down the stairs and thought , what if I just ran to him now? Would Mark be able to catch me or would I get to him? And even if I did, what would we do then?

Deciding it was no use still being able to feel Marks presence not far away, I walked back up the stairs and went back to Silvers room as I didn't feel like been by myself right now.

Mark showed me to my room and I thanked him, going inside the room and waiting until I couldn't hear his footsteps any more and then I left the  room as sneaky as I could not trying to attract attention to myself. I walked down some corridors following Silver scent until I found her door.