Infatuation

Kara woke up in what she assumed was the middle of the night, it was freezing cold in Lenas room and she had made the ridiculous choice of wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

She tried to move out of Lenas reach and get up from the bed but the second she sat up she was pulled back down.

"Lena?"

Lena just groaned sleepily and held her there.

"Stop moving"

"Lena I'm cold"

Suddenly Kara was pulled on top of Lena, it was surprisingly much warmer on her side of the bed.

"Better?"

"Yes actually, thank you"

Lena just hummed while Kara made herself comfortable on top of her, burying her face in her neck and falling asleep much easier due to the warmth.
———
Kara woke up shivering from the cold once again, she saw that it was now morning and that the spot next to her was empty, confusion over took her for a moment until she saw the light shining into the room from the slight crack in the bathroom door.

Sighing softly she wrapped herself up in the blanket and buried her face in the pillow, she didn't want to get up just yet, especially because she knew the second she got out from underneath the blanket she would be hit with the full effect of wintry air that was circulating the room.

Lena walked out of the bathroom and raised an amused brow at the sight of Kara wrapped up in her blankets and suffocating in her pillows.

She then realized that Kara was used to being hot, and she went over to shut her windows and turn up the heat in her room, the sound of the heater making a faint humming sound in the quiet room.

Kara sat up when she felt instant heat surrounding her body and she looked around the room until she was met with bright green eyes.

She opened her mouth to speak but she didn't know what to say, especially because they were on a new level of their relationship now, a simple good morning could've worked, maybe even a hello, but she just stayed silent and stared into Lenas eyes.

Lena just smiled at the blonde, giving her a small wave and smiling brighter when she waved back.

"Are you hungry?"

Kara shook her head no and looked down at her lap.

"Are you sure? I don't think you've eaten since we had that dinner with Alex awhile ago"

"I just- I haven't been that hungry lately"

"Kara it's been weeks since you've eaten"

"I know that but-"

Lena was suddenly inches away from Karas face, distracting her from whatever excuse she was going to give for not eating.

"Are you going to eat breakfast with me?"

Kara nodded quickly and couldn't help but look at Lenas lips, only breaking eye contact for a second before meeting green eyes once again.

"Good, I'll see you in a little bit then"

Kara watched Lena walk out of the room and disappear into the hall, it took her a minute to compose herself but once she did that she went into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

"Do you want syrup on your pancakes?"

Kara looked up at the table and her eyes lit up at the amount of food on the table, she ran over to the table and sat down, smiling at Lena.

"I would love to have syrup on my pancakes"