Dinner

Lena walked in the kitchen and saw Alexandra sitting at the table, she smiled softly and let go of Karas hand to go talk to her.

"Hey, how's your head?"

Alex looked up from her plate and then looked back down.

"It's much better, if I didn't wait that extra day like you told me to it'd probably be much worse, but they said I should be good to go now"

"Well I'm glad to hear that, how's dinner?"

"It's good, really good, are you going to join me today?"

"I don't see why I shouldn't"

Alex tilted her head and looked over at Kara who was standing in the hall, looking around.

"What did you do to her?"

"What?"

"That's not the same woman who hit me in the head and threatened you all in one day"

"Would you just shut up and eat your food?Kara! You can come in, it's okay"

Kara laughed softly and walked in the kitchen.

"I know it's okay, why wouldn't it be? Hello Alexandra"

Alex smiled and looked up at her.

"Hello woman who knocked me out with a crowbar"

"I'm still sorry about that, my names Kara by the way"

"Nice to properly meet you Kara, are you joining us for dinner?"

Kara nodded and thanked Alex when she gave her a plate of food and a fork.

"I hope you like burgers"

"I love burgers, are you kidding me? This looks delicious by the way, hats off to the chef"

"I'm sure she'll be glad to hear it, also I'm glad you get to live, I'm sure we'll be great friends"

"I would love to be friends with you, you seem bad ass"

Alex laughed at the compliment and ate one of her french fries.

"Says someone who broke free of chains"

Kara just winked and took a bite out of one of her fries as well.

"You got me there"

Lena watched the two interact, she didn't know how to feel, for one, Kara just completely switched personalities and for two, who the fuck told them they could be friends?

She shook away her thoughts and grabbed a plate of food, sitting next to Kara who instantly put her hand on her thigh, something she questioned but decided not to make a big deal out of.

"So Alexandra, what do you do? Are you a hit woman?"

Alex laughed and shook her head.

"Kind of but not really, I just find the men and alert Lena, I'm not really a killer, I can beat someone's ass though, just not to the point where it kills them"

"Ah, so you're all about self defense"

"Exactly, what about you? Why are you so special?"

Kara tilted her head and thought about her answer and then finally spoke up.

"My mind works differently than everyone else's"

Alex nodded and smiled at her, noticing how her demeanor changed.

"So um Lena, Did you know Maxwell quit?"

Lena raised an eyebrow at the question.

"He what?"