chapter 23

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

"She did what?"

"Measured Flitwick," Jenna said, Y/N looking at her with an amused smile. The girl eyed her best friend curiously, not believing her as they walked down a corridor.

"You're barking, there's no way Umbridge did that."

"No, really," Jenna said with a small giggle, "She pulled a tape measure out in the middle of chorus. A fourth year told me. Apparently the look on Flitwick's face was priceless."

Y/N let out a soft laugh as they turned a corner, "That's honestly ridiculous. She's judging people and how they teach off of their height? Pathetic, really."

"Honestly," Jenna hummed back, the two looking back in front of them as they walked down the West Wing corridors. Y/N's eyes trailed down the hallway as the sight of crowds running by and people talking caught her attention. Jenna seemed to realize to as she turned to Y/N with a curious glance.

"What's going on?"

Y/N shrugged as she watched Cho appear, passing right by them. Jenna quickly grabbed Y/N's hand as she hugged her textbook closer to her chest, the two turning the corner as they closed in on Cho.

"Cho!"

The older Ravenclaw turned around, her eyes searching for the sound of her name. A smile quickly made its way to her lips as she saw Jenna and Y/N approaching her, the two best friends looking curious.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Why's everyone rushing to the front courtyard," Y/N said, the three quickly being swept into the crowds. They followed as they made their way to the front of the school, Cho looking to them with a knowing look.

"It's Professor Trelawney," she said, Jenna and Y/N looking at her confused. "What do you mean," Y/N asked, the three of them now approaching the front courtyard as they turned down a hallway. Cho sighed as she nodded her head in the direction of the crowd standing around the front courtyard.

"Come on, I'll show you."

Jenna and Y/N shared a look as they trailed behind Cho, pushing past people to see what was really going on.

"Bloody hell, the whole school is here," Y/N said, immediately recognizing a few first and second years. Cho nodded as she brought the two girls to the front of the crowd behind one of the stone, arched openings. It was dead silent as she saw a cowering Trelawney in the middle of the courtyard opening, her luggage surrounding her.