One or The Other - Season 7

Disclaimer!
This oneshot contains symptoms of anxiety, symptoms of burnout, implications of an abusive past, implications/depictions/mentions of an anxiety/panic attack, and gender issues! If you are sensitive to that, do not read!

At the time of writing this, January 1st 2021, I am trapped in a death cottage. Help me. Please. Oh, and also take a somewhat vent chapter- :> - Micheal

———————————————————————————————————————

'Universe Code' - NUO50

———————————————————————————————————————

Iskall POV

———————————————————————————————————————

Iskall isn't having a good day.

Something's bothering him, but he just doesn't know what and it's getting worse.

Was it his eye? No, he's been used to it for years now.

Something feels so wrong, but... what is it???

That's why he's walking around the shopping district at the moment, hand to head, wondering aimlessly. There isn't really a goal to what he's doing, except that he wants to know why he's feeling like this. What was wrong with him?

Well, maybe the person he slammed into has the answers.

"Woah, man, watch where you're going!" Ren laughs from the ground, taking the hand Iskall extended to him.

"Y-Yeah- Sorry 'bout that, Ren," Iskall hesitantly laughs back, pulling Ren to his side...

There it was again.

"You're not looking so hot, my dude," Ren walks beside him, a bit more caring than usual, "Got someone on your mind?" ...maybe not 'more caring', actually.

"Don't know, dude," Iskall shrugs.

Though that's true, he also isn't up for conversation right now. When something's bothering someone, they don't usually give it up until they have to, good or otherwise. Iskall's no different.

"Well, just know you can tell me anything," Ren winks before continuing, "What's got you in the shopping district, man?"

"Don't know."

Ren pauses, "Oh? Uh... Ok. Any plans for future videos?"

"Don't know."

"Oh..."

Iskall isn't having it and Ren seems to catch on, so he stops. Well... until he starts again when they turn the corner and Ren comes out of thinking with his ears down.

"Did I do something wrong?" Ren asks softly, Iskall pausing in his tracks for a second before walking again.

"...Don't know."

Ren stops and Iskall does as well after a few seconds, looking back at his friend.

"Should..." he scratches at his hand, looking away, "Should I leave you be then, my dude?"

Iskall looks away before he turns his back towards Ren, ready to continue forward.

"Go for it," he shrugs with some reluctance, carrying on to walk ahead without Ren's response. He can't tell if Ren was making it worse or not, but even then, it still got worse when he was alone earlier. Oh well. He can't deal with Ren right now anyway.