Chapter 30 - Confessions

December 04, 2020 - Gangwondo

The whole gang got together in their favorite hideaway for Jin's birthday. Jeon, Jin, Hobi, Yoongi, Namjoon, Jimin, and Taehyung all met in Lake 192, a summer house tucked away in the mountains of Chuncheon. The place takes a little over an hour to get to from Seoul and is a quiet retreat for the group of seven.

 The place takes a little over an hour to get to from Seoul and is a quiet retreat for the group of seven

Jin brought with him some fresh seafood that they grilled and ate with ramen. It was a fun reunion of sorts, a respite from work for the weekend. Jin and Yoongi thought this was a good opportunity for them to get together before enlistment, which would mean they wouldn't be seeing each other for quite a while. After they've all eaten and drank, the group dispersed to pursue other activities within the property.

Jeon chose to remain outdoors and played the guitar while Hobi listened on. 

It was a cold night but the outdoors was so enticing

It was a cold night but the outdoors was so enticing. After a while, Hobi spoke.

"Jeon, I think I owe you an explanation for what happened in the office during our meeting."

"It's ok Hobi, I understand. Hei-Won had an anxiety attack and you wanted to help calm her down."

"No, there's more."

Jeon stopped strumming, looking at him with a puzzled face.

"What do you mean?"

"Jeon, Hei-Won called me on the day you arrived from Italy."

"She did? Why?"

"That time we went bowling, I noticed she seemed out of sorts. I told her we could talk if she needed someone to talk to. So she called me. But I couldn't meet with her then, we met only two weeks after."

"What did she say?"

"She told me everything about you, her and Jia. She just needed to talk to someone. I guess."

"I hope talking to you helped her."

"I thought it did. But after her breakdown in the office, I feel like I wasn't able to help."

"I've been trying to call her so that we could talk, Hobi. She doesn't pick up at all."

"Jeon, there's something else I need to tell you."