EIGHT

A/N: My cat has the mentality of Isaac Lahey saying "I was locked in a freezer for most of my childhood so I'm sorry if I'm not being helpful" and it only ever shows up when it's meal time.

also the song above it just what I was listening to while I wrote this, it's not vital to the chapter :)

After their conversation, the two had gone their separate ways. While Katherine had wandered around the platform looking for Stiles, Hayden went with Mason to look for Corey.

It had been a decent amount of time since she'd last seen Stiles, she realized, and then wound up having to coach herself through a panic attack. But as she wandered and kept her eyes set on looking for a lanky boy with brown hair, a zip up hoodie and a flannel, only to realize he wasn't anywhere near her.

She found she was left to just stand there in mute horror as she tried to reassure herself that she hadn't forgotten about him again, that he wasn't missing, but the longer she looked, the harder she found it was to keep herself calm and collected.

With her heart beating nearly right out of her chest Katherine's methods of searching became more frantic. Shew as forcing doors open and checking the faces of every person sitting down that she could see, but she still came up with nothing.

Nearly in tears, she found herself unable to concentrate on anything that wasn't the whereabouts of her brother.

When she did find him, he was standing off to the side with trembling hands, staring down at his palms. "Stiles!" She called out to him.

He turned to look at her, but before he even had the chance to respond his body was engulfed in a silvery white glowing light that became so bright at such a rapid pace she thought she was blind. But it faded just as quickly, and Stiles had disappeared with it.

Katherine could only stare at the spot where he'd been standing, eyes wide and heart skipping beats in her chest out of shock. She sunk to the dirty ground and landed on her knees, the gravity of the situation hitting her like a freight train.

She'd lost Stiles.

Again.

She lost him, and now had no possible way of getting back to Beacon Hills, or to Liam and Brett and Lydia and Scott and her Dad. No possible way of getting back home, because Stiles was the one who always figured it out.

And she didn't even know where he'd gone.

Tears were filling her eyes as the set of doors she hadn't realized were behind them, and she heard Mason crying out, Corey? Corey! She rose up to her feet and shakily wiped her eyes, forcing her bottom lip to steady. "How many rooms does this place have?" He asked, his voice growing more and more faint the further he walked away from her.

"Beyond the 57 we've already searched?" Hayden hummed, eyeing her worriedly as she approached them. "Probably enough for all of Beacon Hills...everything okay, Katherine?"

"Stiles, he's...something took him," she choked out, forcing herself to stop trembling. "Did you...um...you didn't find Corey, did you."

"We're never gonna find him," Mason shook his head, confirming her worries.

Hayden shot him a sympathetic smile as she set a hand down on Katherine's shoulers. "Just keep looking."

"Attention, all passengers; the train will be arriving in 19 minutes," the voice over the intercom stated monotously.

"Okay, we're running out of time," he uttered nervously.

Knowing she had to force her pain down, Katherine inhaled a long breath and turned to face the boy in front of her. "Mason; you always know where he is."