SIXTEEN

A/N: DON'T ROAST ME FOR THIS YOU GUYS I'VE NEVER DATED ANYONE BEFORE THIS IS JUST WHAT I THINK I'D BE LIKE IN A RELATIONSHIP AND KAT IS PRETTY MUCH ME BUT BETTER SO I'M TRYING TO WRITE IT ANYWAY???

also idk how frequent updates are gonna be g12 is literally kicking my ass

With summer slowly coming to a close, Katherine had experienced many things in the time span of a month. She'd taken up hiking as a pass time, which was utterly entertaining as Mason, Corey and Liam all insisted on joining her; a good portion of the last two weeks had been spent in a batting cage for practice; and she'd had Lydia explain all of biology 11 to her over the phone so she could take notes and not have to pay attention in class.

But the majority of her time had been taken up by Liam.

Things had been awkward at first, since neither of them had ever dated their best friend before, but they slowly fell into a comforting pattern that consisted of Criminal Minds, cupcakes, morning walks along the coast, Clue, excessive cups of coffee, and usually bickering. Katherine was unbelievably thankful that things hadn't changed as much with their dynamic, as she wasn't interested in a lovey-dovey sappy type of relationship.

Which was exactly why she didn't find it all that surprising to hear Liam's frantic, apologetic voice come in over the phone to cancel a date for the second time that week. The first time was because he'd been stressing out over just how quickly things were changing for them, which she'd understood, so she just told him to reschedule.

This time, it was because he'd forgotten he had lacrosse practice.

Knowing he felt bad enough about it, Katherine had simply changed into a pair of shorts, a baggy tee shirt she'd stolen from Malia ages ago that she tied at the ends, and then her vans. She'd stuffed a box of pop tarts into her backpack along with an AP psychology textbook she wanted to read before the school year started in order to have notes already taken for when things inevitably went to shit, and had dragged him out to the car where she said they had better get to practice then.

She'd gotten a kiss square on the mouth for that.

That was exactly how she found herself sitting on the cold metal bleachers at seven thirty that evening, a half eaten pop tart in hand while her textbook was open to page 145 wile she scrawled in a notebook on her lap. The team was out on the field already, excluding Liam and Corey. The latter of the two along with Mason were trying to deal with the idiot she'd spent a year and a half crushing on.

"Stilinski Jr!" She heard Coach Finstock yell, and simply waved with the hand holding the pencil rather than looking up. "Where's your boyfriend!"

"He's just having a bit of a mid-life-crisis, Coach!" Katherine yelled back, jotting down a brief line of notes that only she could possibly understand. "Give him, oh I don't know, five minutes!"

She knew Liam and Corey could hear her from the boys change room, so she annunciated particularly well because of it.

Sure enough after just two minutes, she watched Liam barrel out onto the field and to a spin mid air just in time to save the scrawny freshman goalie from a shot that definitely would've gone in.

As much as she would've loved to watch more of the practice — sarcasm — Katherine forced herself to continue jotting down short-hand notes in the messy chicken scratch she called her hand writing. It was relatively peaceful, she had to admit. The sound of gear slamming against helmets, stick clashing against stick, the occasional swear word and snarky comment rising above everything else from Coach who was blowing his reason for no reason other than he could.