EIGHTEEN

A/N: WE'RE BACK BITCHES!!! I'm feeling more like myself so I started writing again, and I'm actually happy with how this turned out??? Happy pride month!!! Also enjoy some Dylan content above.

From the moment Katherine stepped out of the school councilor's office that morning, she'd been in a bad mood. She'd gotten a ride in with Liam as he had agreed to do every morning until she decided to get her license, and had wordlessly tossed a pop tart at him before grumpily doing up her seatbelt.

It was still warm out, so she put on a cute top and a skirt because it's too early to be a person and fuck the patriarchy, but hadn't worn heels in case she needed to kick ass. As was always something to think about when living in Beacon Hills.

He'd blinked at her. "So I take it we're getting coffee then?"

"Yes," she had mumbled through a rather aggressive bite of her own pop tart. "I'm going to need it if the goal is to not murder the wannabe-therapist-lady."

"...that usually is the goal, yeah," Liam snorted, a fond look on his face as he glanced her over.

But he'd taken her to get coffee since she would need it for the first day of classes, anyway, even if it was just orientation; the new student councilor wanted to have a conversation with everyone about their schedules before settling into a proper routine. Her timeslot had been last of her friend group, since she knew she would need to get the hell out of there as fast as she could before she punched something.

Or someone.

Katherine was proven right the moment she stepped out of the stuffy little window filled room, the fake smile on her face so tense it was painful. She was gripping her coffee cup to the point her knuckles had turned white, and stepped aside so the next student could go in before the door closed.

Off to the left, Mason, Liam and Corey were all waiting for her, the former two looking unbearably tense while the latter of them was just confused. When she heard the door click shut the stepped over to them, and took a swig from her mouth. "I'm going to commit a crime," she decided aloud, lips rolling.

Corey frowned. "What?"

"No you're not," Liam huffed.

"She means she's going to commit a murder," Mason clarified for his boyfriend as they made their way down the hall, "except she's also not going to do that."

Katherine just snorted. "You underestimate my rage, Mr Beast Mode. I watch crime documentaries; I'm not saying I'm going to put on a Derek Hale inspired ensemble of all black tonight and go outside with a chainsaw, I'm saying that I'm a patient woman...when I want to be."

"Do I want to know who Derek Hale is?" Corey asked awkwardly.

Gently, Liam tugged her hand into his and gently kissed the inside of her wrist; she remembered leaving the boys changeroom with him in freshman year while Scott spoke with Derek inside, and she grinned as he muttered out a, "no."

"Dealing with him is...an experience, I guess you could say," Katherine hummed while stifling a laugh. She hooked her fingers through Liam's as Corey and Mason said their goodbyes to them to head off to their first class of the day. "Derek actually isn't that bad, you know."

"He hurt you," was all he said, tapping her wrist as if to remind her. "So as of right now, I don't like him."

"Fair enough," she hummed. They wandered towards the art room where their first class was, and she glanced over at him. "Did you know that from the 80's to the 2000's in Vancouver BC, Robert Pickton murdered several women and fed their bodies to the pigs on his farm, which makes them omnivores?"