NINE

for those of you who want to request some scenes that aren't written, you can request them here and I'll write em for youkinda like a one shot book for the OC's I've already created like for Kat and Liam, or for Kat and Brett (I've done one of tho...

kinda like a one shot book for the OC's I've already created like for Kat and Liam, or for Kat and Brett (I've done one of those already lol)

"The train will be arriving in nine minutes."

Katherine was forced to let go of Liam as Corey's voice came over the intercom again, and only then did he go and give Hayden a long hug. She felt bad that he hadn't even glanced at her when he first arrived, but she knew deep down that she wasn't in control of that.

She also knew that there was a part of her that was hoping for Hayden to be telling the truth more than she'd every hoped for anything in her life. And as much as she wanted to cling to him like a terrified child, she knew there wasn't any time for that.

So she glanced up at the wires connected to the speakers and wordlessly smacked Mason to get his attention, and then watched as he came to the same conclusion she did.

To find Corey, they had to follow the wires on the ceiling.

As soft, chilling breeze was drifting through the way station, and it truly did remind her of the night she'd forced Stiles and Scott to let her come to the school with them. They had both tried telling her that it was a bad idea and that it wasn't safe, but after one threat of telling her Dad what they were planning to do they let her tag along.

Of course, she wound up traumatized for life after a crazed-out-of-his-mind Peter Hale tried to kill them, but she got to meet Allison. Even with how that ended, she wouldn't trade that for the world. Jackson and Lydia were both still part of her life even now, one more-so than the other.

So the idea of staying behind and waiting for them to do the job was like contemplating letting Scott and Stiles go alone; she couldn't do it.

She followed after him as he pushed and shoved his way through the others congregating on the platform, waiting for their train, not even sparing a glance back to see if the other two were following them. Katherine could practically feel Liam standing behind her, and she knew that Hayden would be with him. The wires led then to the communications room she'd found with Stiles and Peter, however long ago it was, but there was one thing different.

In a trance-like state, hooked up to several wires connecting to the patch-in wall behind him was Corey, who was looking directly at them without really seeing. Dozens of the cords and tubes had been inserted into his body from every possible place; his chest, arms, neck, abdomen, back. The tattered remains of his red shirt were caught up in several of them, as if they were the only thing keeping it on his body.

Katherine grabbed Mason's hand as he inhaled a sharp breath, and she held it as tightly as she could when Corey's mouth opened, and he uttered out the phrase, attention all passengers, the train will be arriving in eight minutes. "Oh my god," she breathed out, forcing herself to otherwise stay still. "Oh my -- okay, um, Corey? Corey can you hear me?"