TWENTY SEVEN

AUTHORS NOTE: I know this is kinda shorter than what I usually post but I'm actually terrified that this one sucks and had so much anxiety writing it that I just wanted to post it before I talk myself out of it.

If you don't like it that's more than okay, just please don't roast me too hard. It's kinda rushed, and I'm sorry about that but now I'm sitting here in a Theo vibe and I'm trying so hard to keep this a Liam fic like 14 year old me intended

When she got back to the bullpen, she was informed of the plan.

Since Monroe had never seen what Jiang and Tierney looked like and they had a male and a female body, they were going  to try and pawn off the two deputy's bodies as the omega werewolves they were protecting. With three minutes until the deadline of midnight, it had to work.

Hands stuffed in her pockets, Katherine watched Scott and Theo follow her dad out to the parking lot with the two body bags. Thinking about the people inside them, about the horror that she'd seen, she grew nauseous. It was difficult to push away.

"Does anyone actually think this is going to work?" Malia demanded as she peered through the blinds. She answered her own question when she noticed the unimpressed looks she was given. "I'll stop asking."

"It has to work," Katherine said quietly, twisting the blinds open just enough to see what was going on.

The boys slid the zippers open and Monroe stepped forward, her stupid heeled boots tapping against the pavement. She said something to the Sheriff, and for a moment no one moved.

Their attention was suddenly brought to the open lot behind them and for once in her life, Katherine could say she was close to being happy because of the presence of Scott's dad. She hadn't said that many times in her life.

Within five minutes, he'd made an offer to deescalate the situation. Hand over Jiang and Tierney to him, and everyone walks away. It was an impossible decision, knowing why they did what they did.

Hand them over to the FBI?

Or an angry mob?

In the end, they decided the best option was Scott's dad. They had a much better chance at survival that way.

The only issue was that the pack leaving was part of the deal too. Scott and Malia, Lydia and Liam and Theo all had to leave the state to appease Monroe's ridiculous demands.

After everything she had gone through with him, Liam was being forced to leave.

It was bullshit, and Katherine was furious.

They all went outside and watched as the two were put in the back of the SUV. At the same time, her dad let Nolan go. Katherine watched him stumble over to Gabe, who waited with arms folded over his chest. He watched her as Liam put a firm arm around her shoulders, and she stared right back.

She meant every word she'd said and more.

They were the reason she was losing her family. If it weren't for Liam's arm around her shoulder, she would've tackled them both to the ground, bat or no bat.

After the hoard left, Katherine went with Liam to pack his things. She clung tightly to his hand the entire walk, but remained quiet.

There wasn't a lot she could say.

She couldn't ask him to stay.

Couldn't ask him to take her with him.

Couldn't even muster up the courage to ask when him and the others leave.