FOURTEEN

A/N: don't roast me for this please lmao, there's one more chapter after this one and then Part One is complete, and idk when part two will be up but I wanted to finish this chunk for you guys lol

Now in the beginning of July, with school having ended and Stiles now on the road to Virginia with Lydia to start his training with the FBI, Katherine couldn't remember a time when she had ever felt more alone in her life. It had never mattered how many friends she'd had in her life, because no matter what she'd always had her brothers to fall back on.

But Stiles was gone, and Scott, Malia and Lydia would all be leaving for the start of the next school year and to say she was anxious at just how many things were changing would be an understatement. As someone who dealt with nearly debilitating anxiety, she found that keeping to patterns was a good way for her to keep herself calm and collected.

The pack was part of her pattern, and now she felt as if everything was close to falling apart. She hadn't really spoken to anyone since he'd left, not in the mood to be around happy people as much as she was happy for Mason and Corey, and she wanted to let Liam come to terms with Hayden leaving without having to listen to him complain about it.

She did care about him, but she couldn't listen to him talk about Hayden again, knowing the memories of the last time he'd done that would crush her. So she hadn't spoken to anyone other than her dad, Stiles and Lydia, and Scott since graduation had happened. The only communication she'd had with Malia was the two of them sending memes back and forth since she was studying to work on summer school, but she wasn't really in the mood to be around people.

As much as she knew it would make him smug if he ever heard her admit it, she was utterly dependent on Stiles.

Katherine had started looking to him after their mom died, just as she'd told him at the way station when they found each other in the hunt, and she knew that as much as she did love her dad, that would never change. Stiles had been the one who bought her the first box of pop tarts she'd ever eaten, because they hadn't had anything for dinner and their dad had been called in late, and had taught her how to make Mac and cheese.

When she'd gotten her first period when she was 12, he'd forced her to take a shower and then biked his way on over to the McCall's house and panic-hauled Melissa back to the house because he'd had no idea how to help her. Then he'd bought her a bunch of chocolate, Advil and a beat pack as well as a box set of Gilmore Girls so she could cry over that instead of how she accidentally spilt water on the floor.

Then she'd witnessed first hand just how much he loved Lydia, and had been watching it ever since that night in the high school in Scott's first month as a werewolf, and she'd been thrilled to see it blossom from Lydia ignoring him into her sobbing over missing the chance to say she loved him back. She knew that the two of them were meant to be together, but the idea of them being far away from her was the most stressful thing she'd ever had to experience.

Katherine had spent the majority of her life looking up to her brother as a role model, and had never been put in the situation where she had to live without him. That was partially why she didn't want to talk to anyone; she didn't know who she was supposed to be without her big brother.

So when Liam knocked on the front door for fifteen minutes while texting her repeatedly until she finally got up and grabbed her buzzing phone.

🥍LIAM🥍
do you wanna hang
out today???

Kat

Kat

Katherine

Are you mad at me
or something?