Chapter 12

" Even if we can't find Heaven, I'll walk through hell with you"

"Well, i came here directly from the airport so I have my suit case with me

"Well, i came here directly from the airport so I have my suit case with me. I'll bring you a pair of clothes." Maya state. I didn't know Kara knew these people.

Yes, I know Maya. Who doesn't ? She is one of the most popular actresses in Hollywood right now. But Maya became famous much before that.

She was a princess and heir to an island country in the south of France. No one knows what happened that the royal family had to disown her. There are rumours though but that's all they are : Rumours.

I am not saying that's the reason for her success. Not at all. Everyone has their own struggle. And seeing as her family left her, she probably struggled a lot.

She leaves and now it's just me and Kara in the room. Honestly, I was terrified when I saw a man with a gun pointed at the center of the hall.

I was able to push her out of the way but obviously she was not ready to be shoved and fell to the ground, hitting her head on the hard marble floor. There was a huge commotion due to the burning flowers so we were able to slip through the crowd easily.

"Thank you.. for today. Really. No one would do that for someone you don't even know.", She says. Her voice sounds as if she's trying to herself as composed as she can. She probably is.

She's wearing my black T-shirt, that comes down to her thighs because she is extremely short. She shivers from the cool air coming through the open window.

"It's nothing. Can I ask you something ?", I ask in the most gentle voice I can create.

"What ?", She asks in her usual monotone, stipulating that she is building walls around herself.

"Why the roses ?" I don't ask her about the person Spence and Maya were talking about when she was unconscious or about the shooter though I want to.

"The roses were there just to tell me that I will burn alive. Do really the shooter was there to kill me ? No. It's just a game. He probably would have shot my leg or something.", she said, the malice in her voice sends shivers down my back. She keeps staring into nowhere.

I've heard stories about her. Some called her a goddess, some a cruel entrepreneur, some a cold hearted bitch. But I can't think of her as anything like that. So, who is she as a person ?

"Who are you ?",my voice shaking a little. Staring at her emotion less eyes, I couldn't tell if she was surprised but a faint smile made it to her lips.

"I'm a mystery with a beautiful eyes."

Knock. Knock. Knock.

The door opens without many further ado and Maya comes in.

"Hope I didn't interrupt something. I brought clothes. I know they are not exactly what you wear to bed but it's all I have so..", Maya says handing Kara the clothes she brought.