chapter 14

I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you

I wake up to my alarm and when I was ready to go back to sleep, I remembered why I put an alarm

Apparently, week days aren't enough work for Ms. White so every Saturday, there is an meeting of directors.

I brush my teeth and take a shower as quick as possible. I try not to ruin my nails because I don't know about others but I like getting my nails done. It prevents me front biting my nails off untill there's blood coming out.

I put on some clothes on and run my hands through my hair, trying to tame the mess.

My stomach growls and I remember that the maid is on a leave to see her parents. Great.

You must be thinking what's the problem with that ? Make yourself some breakfast.

Living in an boy's boarding school there's literally no one to teach you how to cook and the cafeteria food was amazing.

When we didn't like it, there was a cafè a few blocks away from school which made heavenly croissants and cakes.

So, maybe I can cut some fruit or something.

Making my way towards the kitchen, I notice a shadow over the counter and freeze.

What if it's a thief ? Or worse, a murderer ? Or the worst, my great great great grandfathers ghost ?

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating. Ghosts don't have shadows. Or maybe they do, how would I know I haven't seen one before.

The ghost seems oblivious of me and I sigh in relief.

The ghost goes around in the kitchen and just when I'm about to take my leave,

"Adrian ! Just the person I need. Can you tell me where you the pans ? I can't find one.",the ghost speaks in Echo's voice.

"D-Dont come near m-me. I'm g-ghost protected", I squeak out.

His eyebrows furrow in confusion. He looks around as if he wasn't sure I was talking to him.

"What are talking about ? Are you okay ? Do you have a fever ?",he asks, his words laced with concern.