zwölf.

The day before, they had not only argued over who was going to be sleeping in Chan's bed, but once Felix gave into Chan's words and decided that he may as well, another argument had started.

Chan was trying- actually, not trying, succeeding -to play the apartment rent for the next three months in advance. It was ridiculous- and, the other thing was, Felix had not been informed of this sudden payment.

But, that was another thing that Chan had won. Felix couldn't argue with him the moment he said that he wasn't going to let him go bankrupt because he had to pay rent.

At least now Felix knew for a fact what Hyunjin was talking about when he said that Chan was nice.

Now, he was walking back into the university at nearly eleven in the morning, still wearing Chan's sweatshirt (it was comfortable, that much he was willing to admit) and the baby pink sweatpants.

Chan had even asked if he wanted a ride to the school. Though, he just shook his head. He wasn't ready to be showing up with Chan at the same time.

He was barely willing to admit that he liked Chan. Because he didn't.

At least, certainly not in public.

"Felix, Felix Felix Felix-" Hyunjin pestered, running closer to him before elbowing him.

The blond rolled his eyes and turned to look at Hyunjin, an eyebrow arched at his friend before he released a breath.

His friend grabbed the fabric of Chan's sweatshirt, tugging on it slightly while he let out a suspicious 'oooh' before wiggling his shoulders against Felix's. "Who might this hoodie belong to?"

Felix released a sigh, turning his head to look at his friend. "It's mine." He stated, turning his head away as he walked towards the art room again.

"No it's not."

The blond rolled his eyes, turning and shooting him a quick glare. "And how would you know this?"

Hyunjin let out a small laugh, and pinched the hem of the hoodie in his hands and tugged on it. "Because there's a CB97 sewn into it."

Immediately, his eyes dropped down to the area that Hyunjin was tugging on, and sure enough, by the seam was a 'CB97'. All he could do after that moment was pray that no one else called attention to it.

"So what?" Felix grumbled, stopping in front of the art room door, turning to look at Hyunjin with his eyebrows arched. "It's a hoodie. I'm just wearing it."

"Wait-" a girl piped up from down the hall, and Felix could then hear her heels hitting the floor at a rapid pace as if she were some businesswoman in a rush. "So you're wearing Christopher Bang's hoodie?"

Felix rolled his eyes, and didn't respond.

"So it is true, Keziah did see you in his car yesterday."

Her voice seemed to drop a couple of notes, and all Felix could do was roll his eyes. He could see what was coming next from damn near a mile away.

Felix released a small grumble, licking his lips slightly. "So what if I was? It's certainly no one else's business but my own and Chris's. So if you'd take your leave, I'd like to go to my class so I can actually do the work."

Before Felix could step towards the door, the woman stepped in front of him to block his way in.

He thought these girls only existed in cliche fanfictions. The crazy, obsessed fangirls that would go through any extent to get with the main character, that was always somehow famous.

Huh. Felix really was living the fanfiction life, wasn't he?

"I'd appreciate it if you stayed away from Chris. If he's going to be hanging out with anyone it should be me."

Felix let out a sigh, shaking his head slightly. He lightly pressed his palm to his forehead, and then dragged it down his arm with a slightly drawn out groan.

"Okay, let me get this straight, you like Christoper, is that correct?" The girl nodded, and Felix just nodded right after her. "And you want me to stay away from him on your orders? No contact? None?"

The woman looked Felix up and down, as if he were stupid. "That's what I said."

Felix offered her a fake- a very fake -smile, shaking his head slightly as he glanced down and then raised his head to look at her again. "Well, honey, Chris doesn't belong to you. He can talk to and be with whoever he wants to. He doesn't belong to you, nor does he belong to anyone else. He belongs to him, and maybe- with all do respect -his mother. Even though that's a bit of a stretch in and of itself."

"I didn't-"

"I'm not done," Felix cut in, giving her a small smile. "We're college students. Not elementary kids. Why don't you learn a little bit about decent human respect. Be mature about this. Chris isn't your toy. So, why don't you keep his name out of your mouth until you learn how to have a little bit or respect for the man, hmm?"

The woman drew in a breath, and stopped her foot on the ground. "Who are you to tell me what to do?"

The blond raised an eyebrow. "If you want to act like a child, I'm going to treat you like a child. We aren't in elementary school, for the second time. Chris doesn't belong to you. Now please, get out of my way so I can get to class."

Finally, the girl gave up and left Felix, her heavy footsteps heard even after she turned the corner.

He raised his eyebrows as he rolled his eyes, folding his arms over his chest. His eyes landed on Hyunjin, who was smiling at Felix as if Felix had just defeated some evil goddess. Or an Epic Rap Battle. Whatever came first.

"What?"

Hyunjin just giggled softly, swatting at Felix's arm slightly. "Didn't know you were one to defend someone you don't like."

He scrunched up his nose. "It's just common human courtesy not to claim someone as yours. She was just being disrespectful. I wasn't wrong when I said Chan didn't belong to her."

"No, but you still told her off. Which means you must have some positive emotion for the Bang Christopher Chan."

Felix released a grumble. "Look at it this way. I was just preventing something from blowing up like a cliche fanfiction, but it was more so to prevent me from getting a stiletto lodged into my brain. Make sense? Besides, no one wants to be objectified. I was just being a decent human being."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," Hyunjin brushed it off, turning on his heels to walk away from him.

Felix just rolled his eyes. Was it really not common decency to tell someone off for trying to claim another person? Because, really, it could not have been that bad. 

It wasn't like he was defending Chan from bullies or something. No, he was just preventing him from further objectification.

Just because Felix called him a mannequin didn't mean he was an object.

Felix tsked. He still couldn't believe someone like that would try and keep him away from someone he had no choice but to see each time he went home. Besides, who was she to assume that Felix liked him?

Chan was tolerable. Not someone he was looking to get buddy-buddy with.

They shared an apartment. They weren't married. Weren't dating. And Felix was weary about even considering Chan as a friend.

Felix pressed a breathe through his lips as he shook his head and pushed open the door to the art room.

In the center of the room was a stack of papers, and beside it was a small cup of full woodless graphite pencils.

At least he didn't have to paint anything.

Felix glanced down at his hands, and then shook his hands to cover them with the sleeves.

He began to feel himself smiling.

-    /    -

a/n || excuse me while i go scream because this story is #1 in chanlix ( read: because my knees hurt ) 🧍