𝕆 𝕟 𝕖

6 years later...

We were on the way back from a case in Los Angels. The killer was on a spree and made the mistake of kidnapped the lead detectives daughters so from there it was a matter of finding the son of a bitch which we eventually did. It was a tough case and we were all ready to go back home.

I moved to sit next to Spencer on the couch. Ruffling his hair as I sat down I told him, "Hey spence, what are you reading today?"

He moved his book, showing me the cover, The illustrated Man.

"You really do enjoy that book huh?" I question him with a smile.

"My favorite." he answers, returning the smile. I sigh contently as I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes, falling into a dreamless sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to be lightly shaken. "Y/n wake up we landed," Spencer said lightly. Groaning I got up and grabbed my go-bag making my way inside to get started on the paperwork that needed to be done.

After a few long hours of filling out paperwork Morgan jumped up and suggested, "Alright how about some drinks?" Emily and Penelope agreed immediately, JJ and Hotch both passing up the offer to go home to their kids and Rossi stating that he would rather go home and drink scotch rather than cheap bar alcohol. Leaving you and Spener to make a choice.

Taking a quick glance at Spencer you looked back to the rest of the team and said "I'll go, but don't count on me getting drunk." I agreed, not being the biggest fan of alcohol, still enjoying the occasional drink, and the time spent with my friends.

"Spencer you coming with?" I asked secretly hoping he would go with.

I always had a little crush on Spencer ever since I two had worked stayed late on a case together and broke through.

*Flashback*

"Oh hey sorry I forgot my jacket," You say walking into the security room where Spencer still sat reviewing the tape of Matthew Rowland being set on fire.

He gave me his signature tight-lipped smile before turning back to the computer.

"Going over the tapes?" I curiously ask the boy and he turns his chair back to face me.

"There's just something about this, this case, something doesn't seam right." He informs me.

"Hm, this whole case doesn't make sense. Do you want some company, you know maybe to help you think outside the box?" I ask. You to were the same age and joined around the same time but something about him always made you nervous.

He laughed slightly and said, "You know some company would be nice if you wanted to stay." It didn't take a profiler to notice that you were making him a little nervous too. Blushing slightly you pulled up a chair next to him and got to work.

After rewatching the tapes a few times you both noticed the door nob being turned three times and this must have meant something to Spencer because he got up and started writing on the whiteboard and mentioned facts about Karen. From there you did a little more investigating and found that the unsub was obsessed with the number three and it all made sense.

"Spencer Reid, you truly are a genius!" I smile at him.

"I can't take all the credit," he smiles back at me and I blush slightly. It all slowly made sense, the constant nervousness I felt around the young genius, I had a crush on him, perfect, the one man I can't be in a relationship with.

*End Flashback*

"You know what sure I'll go," Spencer said with a slight smile on his face when he turned to look at me.

Excitement bubbled in my stomach as I made the drive home want to take time to look nice.It was only five and we weren't meeting up at the bar until seven so that gave me time to shower and get ready, a sudden wave of confidence flooding over me.

My confidence told me that tonight was the night I would try to make a move on Spencer. Nerves started to rise at this thought, not one for confrontation. Although we were very close and tended to flirt with each other, at times, I couldn't help but wonder if the feelings were mutual.

Tonight was gonna be interesting.

Authors note: Hi hi, I was really excited to write the flashback and there will be more flashbacks so you can understand a little more about y/n and her relationship with Spencer. They kinda remind me of a more innocent version of Derek and Penelope if you know what I mean. Also, I know that I didn't add JJ in the introduction but I don't think I will have her in the story for very long, unfortunately, because I'm having this story follow the season six timeline and Trashley will have a role in the plot.  Till next time xx. time stamp-whenever this was originally posted

i am finally taking the time to edit this story because i kinda hate it ngl, nothing big just my writing and things i had characters say, i just cringe every time i think about somethings i wrote so i'm fixing it, also this story has hit 3k reads and i just want to say thank you so much! i never thought this would go anywhere and it means a lot :)