Chapter 30

"What?" Blake breathed out. He took a few steps backwards as he let go of Magnus. He was overly confused as if the stuff he had told him just now was a complicated question for an exam. Magnus blinked a few times as he breathed out and before he could answer, Caroline rushed inside the room.

Her legs carried her as fast as they could as she was running alongside the hallway of the institute. Her heart was begging for Faith to be okay while her mind knew that something could have gone wrong. Her eyes widened as she saw the state of the library. The books where thrown to the other side of the room while some of it was burning and on the floor.

She quickly walked over to Magnus who was barely able to stand on his own feet. With one arm around his waist, she supported him to stand up. "Can you walk?" She asked in a low voice. Her mind had totally forgotten about Faith. It was bad but the centre of attention to her was just Magnus.

"I can..." He whispered weakly which made Caroline think twice about the fact of his ability to do anything at this moment. Blake who was standing there dumbfounded, finally looked away from him to the room, just to see if he could find anything that could give him a clue where Faith could be at this very moment.

"No." Magnus said strictly and clear when Caroline tried dragging him out of the room. She immediately stopped and looked confused at him. "I need to find Faith." He only said as he looked behind him to look at something but before he could even do anything else, his knees gave up and he fell onto the ground, unconscious all over again.

"Magnus!" Caroline shouted in shock. She quickly kneeled down onto his level and tried picking him up again but his body weight was much heavier than she actually had thought. "W-What is he talking about?" Caroline stammered as she looked up at Blake.

Her heart started to beat a bit faster as she realised that there was no sign of Faith. She was nowhere to be found and that's when perceived that Faith was missing. She was gone.

"Lilith has Faith. She got to her." Blake said in a shaky voice while he turned himself around to help Magnus who was deeply injured. The impact of her magic must have been too forceful. Everyone knew how much power Magnus held himself.

Caroline felt this different kind of anxiety rushing through her body as she processed what Blake had told her. She expected all sort of things but the last thing she thought would happen was for Lilith getting to Faith.

Her father's worst nightmare came through. Lilith managed to break through the angelic walls of the institute and get here. This was as serious as Faith's father would always say or warn her. Caroline finally understood the importance of keeping Faith save... or the countless of times her father tried keeping her inside or within in his sight.

It happened...

Lilith got Faith.

"What?" Her quivering voice said as she let Blake hold onto Magnus so he wouldn't totally collapse onto Caroline. Her eyes were filled with tears as she tried thinking of ways how she could possibly help Faith or get to her but her mind was entirely blank. Nothing came in as an idea of where she could be or how she could be feeling; or if she was in pain...

She felt chills all over her spinal cord by the thought of Faith being tortured by Lilith. She shivered slightly out of fear as she together walled out of the library. Blake didn't find it important to reply back to Caroline or even to console her. His mind was focused on getting Magnus to safety and search for Faith as soon as his feet would carry him.

Harrison jogged over to the halfway and froze when he saw an unconscious Magnus bruised up with a crying Caroline and a blank Blake. This meant nothing other than something must have had happened. This was the face Blake always made to hide his true feelings.

His parabatai bond made him aware of how he truly was feeling and the pain was something Harry couldn't describe. He feared that he must have lost Blake by the undoubtable pain he felt but this meant nothing other than Blake being in miserable and agonising torment.

Caroline almost let go of Magnus due to the overwhelming feeling of fear. Harry quickly walked over to them and supported Magnus without a question asked. He knew his parabatai better than that. He would tell him once he was ready. At this moment, Harry let him do and feel what he needed too.

His affection for Faith had changed him enough and it was for the better. He felt something more than just the responsibility of a warrior. The need of always being perfect at everything and hiding his true feelings. Faith taught him in this short time what care and comfort meant.

Blake was almost like a puppy that learned to love again. That was all thanks to Faith Lightwood.

Magnus feet dragged on the floor and the smoking smell didn't leave his body. The two men carried him to infirmary as Caroline followed the emotionlessly. Her body didn't have enough energy to express herself. She was afraid. She was afraid to lose her best friend. She was afraid that something serious and terrible had happened to Magnus.

But what she feared most was the impact this would have on Faith's father. He was unwell. Received this kind of news would draw him up to the edge. He wouldn't be able to carry this concern or pain with him.

His mind was weakened from everything he went through. Even when his physical capability were out of this world. Alec was slowly dying.

Blake laid down Magnus on the bed as he turned himself around, ready to leave and gather his weapons to go out in the dark and find Faith. Harry quickly held him by his arm, jerking him back so he would look at him.

The look in Blake's eyes broke Harry's heart. The glistening of his eyes while he tried to hide his tears as best as he could. He didn't wanted to show anyone how much this was worrying and hurting him.

The never ending saga of torture.

"You can't go out there and expect to fight a greater demon." Harrison said as slow as he could so Blake would hopefully listen.

Blake slapped away his arms from him and walked a few steps back, creating a space between them. He shrugged his shoulders as he looked away from his eyes. He focused himself on the white wall that was slowly giving him a headache.

"I don't care." He simply replied and walked to the door to leave.

"She is the queen of Edom! You can get killed!" Harrison shouted and Blake stopped in his tracks. He slowly turned himself around as he looked at his parabatai.

"I would even go there if I was fighting the angels. I don't care." He replied and with that, he left Harry alone with Magnus and made his way towards the room where he could take everything he needed.

He was going to get Faith. No matter what. No matter how.

It was his will.

{~~~~~~~~~}

Hellooo! I am so sorry that it took me this long to upload a new chapter. It has been truly so busy when it comes to university. I had exams and I barely could write. I was working too :(.

I wanted to wish everyone a happy new year! I know I am late. 🤣