Chapter 6

Heya! How is everyone doing? I hope that all of you are allowing yourself some time. I know that I needed this. No matter how much I miss my friends, I needed this time for myself too. Enjoy another chapter!
_________________________________

"We need to go to the NYC institute." Alec said as he looked over at his daughter who seemed terrified. Faith was indeed terrified. The most powerful demon of all was coming after her.

"What? Dad?" Faith asked confused. She didn't wanted to leave Idris. Something was home to them and not to forget Caroline. The girl that had always been there for her.

She didn't wanted to leave anything or anyone behind.

"We are not safe her. If her demons came to you that means that she knows that you are alive. Sooner or later she will come for you and I can't protect you in this house." Alec said and he was begging her.

He knew that it was hard for her to leave. It was for him too. He made this house for himself, Clary and her. He wanted to live here with his family without any problems or dangers for him or his loved ones. Leaving this home behind made him feel like he was leaving Clary behind all over again and from that he would never heal.

"But dad..." Faith said broken and Alec sighed. He was frustrated but most of all he was horrified that something could happen right now.

He didn't know what he would do if he were to lose Faith. It would destroy him completely and he would lose the last meaning of his life to live for.

"Faith... Your father is right. We have to move to the institute. We can protect you there better." Izzy said to her niece. She always had her way to come through her.

Faith looked disappointed down as she nodded.

"What am I suppose to bring with me?" Faith asked as she looked at her father.

"Anything that is urgent. I promise I will come back for the rest." Alec said as he looked at his daughter. He could feel his heart pounding. He was afraid. Afraid that Lilith could come barging the door open and take her away from him.

Faith nodded and left the room. She never knew why her father was always so overprotective but hearing all of this made much more sense to her. Now she understood why he was always terrified to let her go somewhere. Deep inside, she felt sorry for him. She knew what he went through.

She couldn't imagine seeing her mother fade away and being totally helpless about it. Her father was carrying a huge weight of grieve, guilt and pain. She sighed as she got to her room. She packed the things she thought she needed the most. Some clothes, her mother's paintings and books.

"Are you done?" She heard her aunt Izzy ask. Faith jumped slightly and sighed out of relief.

"I didn't mean to scare you." She apologised and Faith just smiled.

"It is okay." She replied. She turned around and nodded to the question she asked before.

"I am ready to go." Faith said with a sigh. She was going to miss this house. Even though she hated spending a lot of time here, she had made the most beautiful memories here.

She loved being here because she felt secure and sometimes she even felt like her mother was here with her.

"Good. Because you are going to need it." She said and Faith looked at her in confusion. She saw her aunt changing into a demon form.

The demon snarled and attacked Faith on her shoulders. She screamed and fell down on the floor. She could feel the demon venom spreading in her shoulder and she feel the excruciating pain immediately.

Faith grunted and quickly moved back. She took the seraph blade underneath her bed and tried stabbing the demon but all her efforts were in vain.

"Dad!" Faith shouted horrified.

Alec quickly turned around to his sister when he heard her shout.

"Faith." He quickly said before running towards her room. He took his arrow and bow out before hand and when he saw the demon laying down on Faith, he quickly released the arrow from his bow which went right through the demon's heart. The demon growled before disappearing into thin air.

"Faith... Oh god." Alec said as he quickly picked her head up. Faith grunted and looked at her father.

"T-The demon bit me." She stammered as she looked at her father. She could feel her body giving up.

"We need Magnus." Alec said. He shook his head.

"I won't let anything happen to you." He said as he picked her up in her arms. Faith could feel herself fade away and each time she tried opening her eyes, she couldn't.

"Izzy open the portal." Alec said. Izzy did what he said and they quickly walked through the portal. Within seconds, they were in the institute. Everyone looked quite shocked seeing Alec here. He was the head of institute but he was never here.

"Call Magnus." He said to Izzy. He quickly walked over to his office and on the couch he laid Faith down. He held her hand tightly and looked at the almost unconscious Faith.

"Hey..." Alec said softly as he looked at her. Faith was already sweating. There were dripping of her forehead. She gasped a few times for air and looked at her father.

"I won't make it. Will I?" She asked and Alec shook his head, holding tighter onto her hand.

"No. You will." He replied quick as he looked at her. He wiped away the sweat on her forehead.

"Do you know why? You are my daughter but most of all your mother's. She was the strongest Shadowhunter I had ever met and you remind me so much of her, Faith." Alec said as he looked at his sick child.

"You are Faith Alexandra Lightwood. You have survived worse than this." Alec said as he kissed her hand. Faith chuckled softly.

"I love you, dad." She said softly, barely able to breathe.

"I love you too, Faith." He said back as he looked at her.