Chapter 14

Hello! I want to say a big thank you to all of you! We hit 1k readers on Psychotic 2! Thank you so so much! I love all of you! Enjoy today's chapter!
________________________________

Caroline picked up her bag when she finally finished her last class. It was boring today without Faith. She never knew that she would be missing her this much. She sighed as she moved her brown hair from her face and straightened herself up. She wasn't ready to portal herself to the New York Institute. She knew that she was going to feel sick. It was always easier to go with someone. She could at least share her miserable moment with someone.

"Are you ready?" She heard Blake's voice ask out of the sudden. She jumped slightly as she turned herself around to look over at Blake.

"Ready for?" Caroline asked confused as she looked into Blake's eyes. He let out a small chuckle as he looked at her.

"To the institute. I thought that you were going to see Faith." He said a bit confused and Caroline quickly nodded her head.

"I still am." She replied. She still didn't understand what he meant. He never talked to her nor to Faith. What made him want to talk to her now? Did someone cast a spell on him or something?

Quickly, Caroline put her hand on Blake's forehead, trying to feel whether some energy would radiate off him but she felt nothing.

"What are you doing?" He asked confused and moved Caroline's hand from his forehead. Caroline widened her eyes out of embarrassment and laughed awkwardly.

"There was a fly." She quickly said. Blake frowned and looked at her dumbfounded.

"You don't want a fly on your forehead." She laughed awkwardly and now Blake looked more confused than he already was.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go." Caroline quickly said, avoiding an awkward silence. She moved away from Blake and walked out of the classroom.

Blake confused turned himself around as he saw Caroline walking out of the class.

"What a weird girl." He said softly as he followed her. He shook his head and saw Caroline already waiting by the portal.

"Dad?" Alec heard Faith ask. He looked up from the book he was reading about alternative universes and looked directly into the blue eyes of Faith.

"Yes?" He asked and Faith smiled as she walked inside. There was this part of her that made her happy that, knowing that her mother was alive.

Faith feared that her condition might worsen. Her mental health. She has been alone there for eighteen years now. It wasn't fair on her. Not when she helped the entire world by overcoming Azazel. Faith didn't understand why the angels punished her mother this harshly. She didn't deserve this.

"Are the angels capable of forgiveness?" Faith asked in a low voice as she sat down on the chair that was opposite her father's desk.

Alec frowned as he looked at his daughter. She looked distressed for some reason. He blinked a few times before thinking how he could answer this. If the angels were capable of forgiving, they would have done it already. After eighteen years, Alec has lost hope that the angels will help him with everything that was going on.

They may be celestial beings but they were nothing more nor less than any other human being. Their pride and greed became the worst of them.

"The angels work in mysterious ways." Alec said, avoiding the entire question that Faith had asked. Faith let out a small chuckle before she sighed out deeply.

"I just want her to get out of the horrible place. She looked so lonely there." She said softly and Alec clenched his jaw. He felt this sudden rage. Not towards Faith but towards the angels.

He needed Clary more than anything. She was his life... and being apart from her for this long made Alec. He felt like he wasn't the father that he wanted to be for Faith. His fear of losing someone he loves made him limit her from everything he did as a child. Just so he could protect her from the worst that hasn't even came yet.

"She will come out." Alec said with a smile and reached to Faith's hand. He squeezed it gently which made Faith look up to her father.

"I know she will." Faith replied confident.

"The angels aren't the only angels anymore. I am one too. One that isn't obligated to listen to them. One of free will." She said.

"That's why Lilith is after me." She breathed out and Alec gazed at her.

"You can't tell this to anyone. It might put you in danger or even worse the people you love." Alec said and Faith nodded her head.

"I know." She said softly.

"Faith!" Alec heard Caroline's voice shout. Faith quickly looked up when she saw Caroline walking inside her father's office.

"Mr. Lightwood." Caroline greeted Alec which he returned with a smile. Faith chuckled softly and stood up as she quickly hugged Caroline.

"You are really here." Faith said happily as she held on tightly. Caroline smiled as she nodded her head.

"Of course, crazy." She replied as if it was out of the question that she would leave Faith alone here.

"I see that you guys finally met one another." Blake said. Faith quickly got out of the hug as she looked over at Blake. What did he mean?

"Blake told me what happened. Are you okay?" Caroline asked worried as she was looking at Faith. Faith's eyes were focused on Blake.

"E-euhm. Yes, I am okay." Faith stammered when she realised that she was staring at Blake and quickly looked away from him.

Alec looked over at Faith and smiled softly. He knew that she was growing. There was so much he could do but not this. She was growing up and becoming herself which reminded him of Clary a lot. As long as she was safe and happy, it would have been enough for Alec. That's all he wanted for her.