Chapter 28

Faith hastened her steps towards the library where Magnus was trying to do some research on finding about how to reach to her mother again. Her entire body was still slightly shaking up by what Ava had done. It didn't seem right to her. No matter how much she despised her, she had never done something as she did today. Her mind was cut off as soon as Magnus's lovely voice roamed around in her ear drums.

"My love!" He said with much affection before walking up to her and hugging her tightly. She chuckled softly on how her uncle could sometimes be but extra was definitely his middle name. He loved to make things more and she didn't mind that.

"Uncle-" "I told you to stop calling me that! Will you call Caroline aunt if we come together?" He questioned her immediately which made Faith shut her mouth. She grimaced and then sheepishly smiled at him, not really knowing what she would have done during that situation. It would truly be something she had to get used too.

"Never mind... You wanted to show me something?" Faith quickly changed the topic as she knew she would be too awkward to even speak about this. This wasn't something she could handle because the amount of awkwardness she would feel. She was just like that. It was embarrassing for her.

Her cheeks slightly flushed red as she focused her eyes on the massive old book that was placed on the old wooden table. Her eyes averted to the massive wine glass, filled with god knows what. "You want some?" He asked. She quickly looked up and then shook her head. "No. I am fine." She told a half lie.

She truly didn't wanted to drink but she wasn't fine at all. Everything was overwhelming her to the point that she felt like giving up. Sometimes, she had wished that she wasn't born. Maybe then her parents could live a normal life... Being able to be one another without any problems or concerns. Her father was utterly concerned about her safety and lonely without her mother. Faith was sure that her mother felt the same way in the other dimension she was locked in.

"Are you sure?" Magnus asked, noticing quickly how her voice felt low when she spoke out her specific words, 'I am fine'. Faith just hummed to give him an answer and looked down at the page he was reading. In big letters written, 'A PRISON DIMENSION'.

"What is this?" She asked as her curiosity got the best of her. Magnus sighed and looked down as he found his words to describe the entire situation. He might have finally found where Clary was and it wasn't easy to get her out either.

"I might have found where your mother is but Faith..." He stopped his sentence in between and held onto her hands as if he was scared to tell her how anyone could help her mother out of this mess. Magnus knew that Alec would kill him if Faith became clueless to any kind of danger she could bring herself into.

"You need to promise me that you won't bring yourself in danger nor do something that could cause that." He said in a stern voice as he intensely stared into her eyes. She frowned in confusion while listening to his words and deep down in her heart, she knew she would receive bad news or news she wished could have been less complicated.

"What?" Was the only thing that left her mouth. She knew she couldn't make that promise to Magnus. She would do anything to save her mother from the loneliness she was feeling and god knows what kind of other dangers she might have came across. The dimension was specifically for prisoners...

"No Faith. I won't tell you anything if you can't promise me that you will either stay out of it or don't bring yourself in danger." He said and moved away from her. Faith scoffed in disbelief as she looked away from him.

"How can you expect me to sit by and watch other people help my mother?!" She shouted angrily. She specifically emphasised the word 'my' as she stared at him. Magnus looked at her a bit startled by her sudden burst out. She would never get agitated like this but for some reason she did now.

It was her mother.

It was her father.

She felt guilty.

"Other people? We are all one. We are all a family. We are here to help her. I miss your mother more than anything. You don't need to worry and let the adults handle this." He said strictly. His voice showing how mad he was at her but Faith truly didn't care.

"Uncle Jace died! Okay?" She shouted. "I don't want anyone else getting hurt. I don't want to lose people so let me handle this. I got there once. I will get there again. I can do it." She said determined. Magnus blinked a few times as he looked taken back by the words that had just left her mouth.

"Is this how you are torturing your mind?" He asked shocked. Faith looked away from his gaze, feeling the need to cry at this very instance. She blinked a few times to keep her tears in. "It's true..." She mumbled.

Magnus quickly shook his head and pulled her into a hug. "What happened to your uncle won't happen to any of us. I know that you are afraid. Everyone is but we need to get her out of there. For your sake and your father's but mostly for your mother..." He said softly.

"Your uncle nor your parents would want you to put yourself in danger. They don't want you to put this kind of a heavy weight on your shoulders because it's not your fault." He said in his soothing voice as he caressed her back gently. Faith held onto him tightly and cried softly.

"I will promise you but please let me see her. Let me help too." She sobbed and begged desperately. It broke Magnus's heart to see her so in pain. To see her struggle in a way that no one could help her from other than her own self. Anyone would have blamed themselves in this situation.

"Okay... Just calm down..." He said softly and moved from side to side to comfort her. A small smile creeped on his lips as he got reminded how he used to hold her small body in his arms to calm her down from crying hysterically.

"You know... When you were a baby and you would cry. I was the only one that could stop you from it." He smiled proudly. Faith smiled softly as she sighed out. "My aunt and father couldn't handle me?" She asked and acted to be a bit offended when she wasn't.

"It wasn't like that." Magnus laughed.

"Poor Alec tried his best to calm you down. He always felt like you missed your mother's presence so he would often ask your aunt to come around but even she wasn't able to calm you down.  It was always me." He smiled.

"There was always this energy I felt from the very first day you were born. I think we connected somehow. As soon as your small hand would encircle my finger, you would stop crying. It was as if my magic was your comfort." He said softly. Faith moved away as she felt herself more at rest.

"Thank you for everything... I don't know what I would have done without you." She said sincerely. Magnus smiled as he ruffled her hair. "Always for my little chipmunk." He laughed as he saw how sadly she pouted.

________________________________
Hello!

I am sorry that I haven't uploaded in two weeks. I was doing volunteering working at a hospital and it was very tiring to keep up with my schedule but now I am back to my online classes so :(.

I hope you guys like this!