Chapter 24

"Dad!" Faith ran towards him and held his body tightly into her small arms. She looked at his eyes, realising that he was already unconscious. Blake quickly helped Alec up by snaking his arm around his waist and Harry didn't hesitate to come and help too.

Faith was overly worried, not understanding what made her father collapse like that. As he was being dragged to the infirmary. Magnus who stumbled upon them looked worriedly at Alec who seemed to be more than just exhausted.

He looked over at Faith who looked anxious enough. Her hands were shaking a bit while the tears didn't stop streaming down her red cheeks. She followed the boys quietly, not knowing what to do when in truth, she was freaking out.

"Faith..." Magnus said softly as he pulled her into a hug that he knew she needed. Blake looked behind his shoulder to see if the girl he liked so much was okay but he also knew that he had to get her father to  the infirmary as soon as he could.

Magnus looked at Blake and nodded to him, reassuring that he would stay with Faith. Blake didn't say anything but only to look hurtfully at Faith who was crying like there was a never ending too it. He never knew that it would hurt this much to see the person he loved in so much pain.

He sighed out when he laid Alec down on the bed and saw a doctor helping him as soon as he was in the room. She didn't wait and put the needles inside his skin that could presumably help his health more.

"What happened to him?" The doctor asked, trying to analyse the situation. Blake stuttered and became nervous. He exhaled deeply as he shrugged his shoulders, not being able to talk.

He felt ashamed of his cowardly behaviour.

Harry who witnessed the situation took the lead and spoke, "He collapsed on the floor. He either fainted or lost his unconscious after he hit the floor. I am not sure." The uncertainty in his voice was clearly heard.

The doctor just nodded her head before she walked up to Alec to examine him again. "You guys can wait outside." She gently spoke and Blake, and Harrison did as they were told.

As soon as Blake walked out, he saw Faith sitting down on the chair, blankly staring in front of her as if everything she lived for was gone, like her life had no meaning anymore. She was broken and terrified.

She looked up and her red, puffy eyes were met with his. His eyes softened by just seeing her like that. He walked up to her and crouched down right in front of her and held her hands tightly in his.

"Look at me..." He whispered softly as Faith looked away from his gaze. She was afraid that she would burst out of crying all over again and he didn't wanted that.

"Baby..." He uses a nickname he thought that he would never use for anyone. Faith's heart skipped a beat and looked slowly at the broken boy in front of her who was weakly smiling at her.

"Everything will be fine... Just hold on..." He spoke out softly and squeezed her hands gently, making her blush and smile at the same time. Her heart was beating so insanely fast that she thought that she may pass out at any second.

Her thick tears fell down on his hands. His eyes averted towards it and he sighed out before locking his eyes with hers again. He slowly cupped her cheek, comforting her in a way that he had never comforted anyone.

"I am here for you..." and he pulled her into a hug. Faith was afraid to fall out from the chair but the tight grip around her waist made her relax, knowing that Blake wouldn't let her fall.

She hid her face in the crook of his neck as soft sobs left her mouth. She wasn't afraid of wetting his t-shirt with her tears. Her mind was so full of her father that she couldn't think of anything else. She couldn't lose him too.

She didn't wanted to gain her mother only to lose her father. She wanted both of them to be here, happy. After everything they had gone through, they deserved it more than anything. It ached her heart, knowing how deeply they loved one another but just for the sake of each other's safety, they stayed apart. Her mother did that and now that she could come back anytime soon, her father fell ill from an unknown reason...

Life wasn't fair.

By just thinking about all of this, Faith started to cry all over again. Her tiny body was shaking in his embrace as she held onto him even more tightly than she did before.

"What if he is not able to meet her again?" Faith cried out in between her sobs. Blake had no idea how to respond to this. He wasn't sure what this meant and he wasn't sure in what kind of condition her father was in.

Magnus exhaled sharply, looking at Faith who was fearing everything else other than her own future. He knew how desperately she wanted her parents to meet after those long years of loneliness. He was sure that it was her only goal, her only wish.

"Don't say that..." He whispered. His breath tingled in her neck as they were hugging each other. Faith squeezed her eyes shut as she whimpered.

"Your father is strong and I am sure he will recover from this. He will meet your mother again. You guys will reunite as a family again. I am sure of it." He reassured her, even though he felt like he was giving her fake reassurance. He knew that she needed this at this very moment.

Harry smiled proudly by just looking at Blake and Faith. He didn't think that Blake would change this quick for her but he guessed that love did do wonders for everyone. Even for Blake himself. He might be a person that hated this comforting thing but he still did it for Faith.

His cold heart wasn't so cold anymore. He was slowly changing into someone he didn't knew he was. The person that was hiding inside of him for a very long time. Faith was bringing out the best of him and it was already showing.

Blake gently stroked her hair before caressing her back to calm her down. He slowly came out of the hug to look into Faith's eyes. Her red curly hair was wet and was stuck to her wet cheeks.

He lovingly smiled at her before wiping her hair away from her face and looked her up and down as if he couldn't have enough of mesmerising her beauty that still shocked him till this day. Her blue eyes were still full with tears as she sadly looked into his.

"You are so beautiful and adorable. Even when you cry..." He mumbled unwillingly. He didn't think that his thoughts were speaking out loud. His eyes widened slightly when he realised what he said and saw the adorable blushing reaction of Faith.

"Are you making fun of me?" She teased as she chuckled through her tears. Blake quickly shook his head as he looked at her, hoping she wasn't thinking these kind of thoughts.

"No, I meant it." He spoke out sincerely. Faith smiled softly and caressed his cheek.

"You are adorable." She smiled, for a second she forgot the pain she wad feeling by just looking at the man she was so deeply in love with.

She came closer and planted her soft lips onto his. The kiss was short and sweet. She breathed out and rested her forehead on his when their lips parted again. "Thank you."

Blake looked at her a bit confused. His right eyebrow lifted up before he asked, "For what?" Faith smiled as she continued to stare deeply into his eyes.

"For this."

"For everything."

________________________________

Welcome to a new chapter!!

I hope you liked it!

What do you think has happened to Alec? 😳

I am so sorry that it took me so long to upload again but my university started so I have been quite busy 😭

I love you! ❤️