Chapter 16

Hello everyone! I hope all of you are doing great! Again a upload! Enjoy!
________________________________

Faith was waiting for Magnus to arrive when suddenly Blake walked towards her and Caroline. She quickly looked away from his gaze as if he was going to do something with her but truth, she was just too shy and nervous.

"What are you doing here?" Caroline asked, not really realising that Blake was minding his own business as he stood in front of the portal.

"Mr. Bane asked me to come with him to Rome. What are you doing here?" He asked Caroline, pointing out 'you' very clearly. Caroline rolled her eyes as she looked at Faith.

"Magnus wanted us to come too." She said and Faith weakly smiled at Blake when their eyes met. Blake just nodded his head, didn't really say something or thought about differently whereas Faith knew that Magnus had done this on purpose.

"So you guys finally reached." Magnus said as he came walking nonchalantly. Caroline looked at him and admired him as she did before.

Faith shot Magnus an angry glare which he understood why and just winked at her. He opened the portal and not soon after, all four of them went through it. Faith breathed out when she stood in Rome and cherished the view.

"Wow." She spoke out as she looked around her. Rome was truly a romantic place to come to. The beautifully buildings that were old an antique but had this familiar feeling to every soul. She smiled softly, thinking of how her mother would have painted this which she wanted to do now.

Blake looked Faith and without really realising it a small smile appeared around his lips which was quickly washed away when Faith turned around to look at him, and beside to Magnus.

"What do you need to do here anyway?" Faith asked a bit confused. His eyes didn't meet hers and avoided it as long as he could because he knew that Faith was smart enough to figure it out. Alexander should give his daughter some more credit.

"Magnus?" She asked. She felt a bit weird not calling him out as a uncle but that was what he wished for. Magnus smiled and looked at her.

"Nothing. It's for a client." Magnus said and walked away with the three teenagers following him but mostly Faith who almost ran to catch up with him.

"And that's why you need three Shadowhunters with you?" She asked confused. Magnus stopped walking and turned around to her.

"I knew you were bored. Caroline is here because you like her and the same goes to-" Faith stepped on Magnus's feet, making him scream in pain which didn't let him finish his sentence. She slightly panicked and looked over at Blake who didn't seem like he was paying attention to what Magnus was saying.

"Are you crazy?" Faith asked and Magnus rolled his eyes, and straightened himself up, looking directly into her eyes.

"It was for you. So loosen up and have some fun. Gosh, you are acting so much like your father lately." He blurted and walked away from her, leaving her confused.

"Wait? What?" She asked confused and followed him.

"Aren't they like family?" Blake asked confused, looking at Faith and Magnus bickering around. Caroline nodded her head.

"Magnus was Faith's mother's godfather. She calls him uncle." She said and she cringed at it as she thought of falling in love with her uncle. It just sounded so wrong. Blake raised his eyebrow.

"They act more like siblings." Blake said as he followed them. Caroline frowned but kind of agreed with what he said.

Blake hadn't seen this side of Faith before. There was nothing to begin with anyway. He only saw her around at the academy and she seemed very introverted but here around her family or the ones she called family, she was a whole other person which made him want to chuckle slightly.

It made him realise that she wasn't just a shy girl but also very gullible and goofy.

"Where is her mother anyways?" Blake asked a bit confused. He didn't really pay attention to anyone else than himself. He didn't stick his nose into someone else's business. However, he was doing that at this very moment without really realising it.

Caroline freaked out a tiny bit, seeing how interested he suddenly became about Faith's past. She couldn't wait to go home and already tell her all about it. She was too excited.

"She is a Fairchild. She was Valentine's and Joycelyn's daughter and Jonathan's sister." Caroline spoke and Blake's eyes widened. He knew immediately who it was. Clarissa Morgenstern Fairchild Lightwood...

"Didn't Azazel kill her?" He asked out of curiosity. Caroline slapped him hard against his right shoulder to make him shut up before Faith could hear him.

"She is still alive. In another dimension. It was a way of the angels punishing her for creating the runes she did when she tried saving Faith's father. Faith was just a baby when this happened." Caroline said. Blake knew about this briefly. It was mentioned during history classes.

One of the most epic battles of the Shadow world. He couldn't imagine the pain and sorrow Faith felt, being the centre of all of this.

"Isn't she like an angel?" Blake asked and Caroline looked at him. Everyone heard the rumours about Faith Alexandra Lightwood. Even if she decided to hide herself like that.

"Faith?" She asked and Blake nodded his head. "She is. That's why she probably travelled to another dimension without becoming aware of it." Caroline said as she sighed.

"She did that?" Blake asked out of surprise. It was Caroline's turn to nod her head this time.

"She doesn't realise how strong she actually is. I bet she can take on anything." Caroline said proudly as she looked at her best friend who was still bickering with Magnus.

"I guess you're right." Blake mumbled underneath his breathe.

"I can't believe you did this to just bring me and Blake closer." Faith whispered throughout her gritted teeth.

"You are just like your father when he was into your mother." Magnus said and Faith mentally facepalmed herself.

"I really don't need to know that." She said as she sighed out and turned away from Magnus. She widened her eyes when she saw this black dark force coming their way.

"Magnus?" She asked confused, pushing quickly away before she pulled out her seraph blade and held it against the dark shadow who seemed more clear.

She looked surprised when the dark force seemed to be fighting her strength back. She grunted slightly, putting her energy on her seraph blade. Magnus turned himself around, firing multiple balls full of energy at the dark shadow but they were just bouncing back at him.

"What the hell?" Faith said underneath her breathe. She groaned when she let her seraph blade fall and quickly turned herself around so it wouldn't hit her. She tried stabbing it but it wouldn't go through.

She widened her eyes when she saw this weird bloody symbol inside the shadow which made her lose focus.

Blake and Caroline were walking as they saw Magnus grunting on the pavement floor with Faith losing her energy towards the shadow. Without the thought, both the soldier took out their weapons as they ran towards Faith's direction.

Faith winced in pain when the shadow hit her like a rock and made her turn around, falling onto the floor. She squeezed her eyes open and shut, seeing everything blurry in front of her eyesight.

She started seeing flashbacks that seemed to be almost firing her brain and making her scream out in agony. She held her head as she saw this woman in front of her with long shiny, silky black hair.

"You're mine now." She whispered and faded away into a second as it came.

"Faith!" Blake shouted her name and kneeled down in front of her as he held her arm, pulling her slightly up towards his chest. She was breathing heavily and her eyes were widened as she somehow couldn't make sense who that woman was.