Chapter 27

Faith caressed her father's hair as he had just fallen asleep. Her lips curved up in a smile as she remained looking at him. His hair slightly becoming grey from the old age. She sighed and held his hand. Luckily, he was doing much better and all he just needed was some rest, and some sleep. His body was overly stressed which caused him to pass out. Faith couldn't help to feel guilty the entire time. 

"For fucks sake..." Caroline mumbled as soon as she opened the door and turned herself around to glare at Blake who didn't let her inside the room. She quickly turned herself around and walked towards Faith hugging her tightly. "Is he doing better?" She whispered while looking at Faith. She nodded her head while her eyes were focused on her father who was soundlessly asleep. 

Caroline sighed and sat down beside her before looking up at Blake who crossed his arms angrily. "Your boyfriend didn't let me in. I don't like him." Caroline suddenly mentioned, making Faith's heart beat faster just by the word 'boyfriend'.

Before she could even say something, Blake scoffed rudely and looked away from her gaze. "We are not together for your information and I don't need you to like me." He said rudely, not caring that Caroline's opinion did matter a lot to Faith. Caroline clicked her tongue as she pointed her index finger at Blake.

"You should care about it because I am her best friend." She said, showing some authority about the fact that Blake shouldn't mess with her when he truly didn't care. He rolled his eyes and looked at Faith who looked a bit taken back. She was hurt how he suddenly mentioned that they were not a thing when they did act like it. It just made her more hesitant at this point.

Maybe she was overthinking it or maybe she misunderstood his actions or was he just playing with her feelings? She sighed deeply as she still remained focusing on her father who mattered the most to her at this very moment. She let Blake and Caroline bicker if they wanted to. She suddenly stood up while Blake's eyes were still focused on every little movement her body made. 

"Where are you going?" Caroline quickly asked as she saw her best friend leaving. Faith looked at her with a reassuring smile. "I just need some air." She lied when in reality she wanted to go the library where Magnus was finding a solution to get her mother back to this realm. It was probably more stressful for her to see that but she just needed to do something. She felt like she was useless. 

"Are you okay?" Blake showed some concern. She looked into his eyes and just slowly nodded her head before walking out from the door. She didn't really feel like talking to him. She was maybe acting childish but what he said did hurt her feelings. Even when it shouldn't. They just kissed and he was there for her when her father suddenly fell ill. He was probably just being a good friend a way and she was just mis reading everything when she shouldn't have.

Her heart slightly shattered from thinking the way she was. She sighed deeply and stopped in her tracks when she saw the girl she disliked the most, Ava. Her hair down as she lifted her eyebrow up, giving Faith the most rude and bitchy look she had ever received from her. She was sure that if looks could have killed, she would have been dead on the floor. 

Faith lowered her gaze down before shutting the door behind her. She was willing to just ignore Ava. There was no way she wanted to have some random drama with her again. She walked past her when suddenly, Ava grabbed her by the arm, yanking her back. She was abruptly turned around and slapped in the face while Faith looked at her in shock. Ava might always make rude remarks but she had never physically hurt her until this day.

"You fucking bitch." She spat out angrily. The fury clearly seen from her eyes as she was ready to slap her again. Faith backed away so she wouldn't get hit again. "What is your problem?" Faith blurted out angrily and held her by the arms before pushing her away. She had never fought with someone physically but she knew she could defeat them. Her father made sure she had enough training to just defended herself from anyone that would come in her way.

"You are! You are taking Blake away from me!" She exclaimed. This time, she deglamourised her seraph blade. She held it up, ready to attack Faith who was frozen. Why was Ava suddenly acting so violently with her? Faith quickly backed away from her and hit her back hard against the surface of the wall. She slightly grunted and did everything to not become too handsy with her.

"Ava!" Blake shouted in an instance, making both of the girls flinch at their spot. Ava quickly lowered her seraph blade down while it slowly faded away. He quickly walked over to Faith to check if she was okay and when he saw the red fingerprints on her face, he felt himself becoming angrier.

"Are you freaking insane?" Blake raged out as he twirled himself around to look Ava directly into her eyes. He never wanted to be too obvious with Ava. He loved and cared for her as a friend but he would never see her more than just that. The fact that Ava was crossing her limits so much recently made Blake angrier. She was being headstrong and obnoxious, and he hated it. 

"B-Blake... I-I...-" "Shut up!" He cut her off immediately. Ava stopped her sentence and looked down. She felt the guilt overwhelming her and regretted even talking to Faith. She was afraid that Blake could leave her now because of her own stupid self. 

"I can't do this with you anymore. I thought I was clear with you when I kept on denying your affection towards me. You are a good friend of mine but this is out of order." Blake said firmly as he maintained looking at her with much intensity. Faith knew that if Blake did that with her, she would have became weak. She hadn't seen his angry side yet and she was sure that this was just the beginning of it.

"I am sorry..." Ava pronounced in a soft voice. "I want you to go home." Blake said in a cold voice. Ava looked up with tears in her eyes while looking  at the man she loved so much that her behaviour had became so toxic which she hadn't realised herself. She looked up at Faith who felt guilty to even look at her. She avoided her eye contact and looked down. 

"I am sorry..." She said again before turning herself around and leaving the two of them alone. Blake exhaled sharply before he squeezed his eyes shut for a short second and then looked at Faith who still seemed a bit startled by the entire situation.

"I am sorry... She..-" "She is in love with you." Faith cut him off. She moved a bit away from him. He didn't understand why she was suddenly being so distance from him. "Have I done something wrong?" He raised the question which made Faith shake her head. Blake knew that she was lying but he didn't wanted to force her...

"I am going." She said in a low tone and walked away from him while Blake's eyes followed her until her body was out of his sight. He sighed and walked inside the room again to just make sure her father was still asleep which he luckily was. 

He knew he must have done something for Faith to act so withdrawn with him... 

________________________________

Hellooo!

Another update!!

I hope this chapter was good!

do you think Ava was in control of herself?

Xxxx