Chapter 14.5 SIDE STORY - Dancing with the shadows

“Diminnie, you know what to do,” Jiminie-ah told me after conversing with the three bullies. I did what I was told, I was just getting ready to beat these motherfuckers to a pulp, dragging them around and tossing them in the air as if they were human pizza doughs. 

That's when I saw the scene while I  was in the middle of beating the three bullies. My darling spoke with pure admiration and care lingering in his  eyes as he held the young lad, Jeongguk's hand in an attempt to calm and reassure him of his safety.

The scene that unfolded in front of me caused pain to pass through me as if I was stabbed at my heart; and at the same time I felt a sense of worry rush over me, but I just ignored it.

 The scene sent butterflies fluttering on my stomach. I watched how deep he may care for someone else, let alone his junior. 
I looked at him with a dismayed expression that I failed to ignore and hide as I whispered:  “Go, darling. I’ll be fine here,” making him smile before fleeing with their hands intertwined together. That boy, he’s a recessive, and based on the way he acts, something or someone is definitely manipulating him into what he should and should not say and do. Poor boy, he doesn’t have his own stage.

"Now leave the boy alone, motherfuckers." I coldly declared to the three people lying half-conscious on the ground in front of me, and walked away without another word. 
I didn't realized that my feet swept me to somewhere unknown. 

I can still remember clearly the day when we first met; he crashed into my apartment room and we first touched each other back then. I felt an instant connection  even though I just met him. That's when he told me he needed my help to find the answers to his mysteries, so of course I would agree, since I myself decided  that I need to look after him until he forgives himself and moves on to the future.
I found myself walking aimlessly around the park, staring into blankness and deep in my thoughts.

I heaved a sigh upon realizing that I don’t have a telephone to call and know his whereabouts. Ah… why is it hard to live in his time?

Love? If you’re going to ask me, I don’t think my darling Jiminie is ready for that, because I’ve been observing him from the shadows of his mind since from that unfortunate day, and I have seen that he has been really hard on himself doing all possible kinds of torture to punish himself for something that is not even his fault. Honestly speaking, until the day that he finally forgives himself and free himself from whatever that is keeping him to be free arrives, I’ll have to stay by  his side until then.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I soon found myself moving freely along with the shadows of the night at the same place.

“Then I get night fever, night fever..” I hummed to myself as I casually made my way to the other side of the park. For once, I let my thoughts and worries slide away when I glided gracefully on the ground. I have never been this free  ever since I left my childhood home back in Seoul.
I felt a raindrop tap my head as I was in the middle of testing my abilities to dance other than seducing anyone who encounters me. I looked up to the sky as it started to rain lightly.

As I stood soaked under the rain, it didn't stop me from being able to dance even more.
“Gimme that night fever , night fever~~ I know how to show it,” I began to sing my heart out as I danced along the shadows while rain kept falling from the heavens.
I didn’t really care if anyone’s watching me right this instant or if I’m insane to stand under the rain, I just wanted to break free from the cage I was kept in.

“HERE I AM, PRAYIN’ FOR THIS MOMENT TO LAST~ LIVIN’ TO THE MUSIC SO FINE~~”

I never knew how it felt this good to fly free, and the last time that I heard freedom in my vocabulary? Can’t remember. Mama does her best to keep us from seeing the light, now that I finally got away from hell and I live together with my lovely present self, nothing’s gonna stop us now.