Chapter 10: Frequent Encounters

Scenes of that fateful day kept on flashing back to my mind, even if I tried to avert my attention away from it, still it kept on coming back. Before I even realized it, school was already back on track. 
“Oi, Good thing you’re finally awake. How long are ya going to keep lazing around?” The voice of my older brother Jungwon called out, as I turned to face him. He looked back down at me with his usual blank face and slightly poked my sides. 

“You have two minutes to get your ass outta here.” He stated and walked towards the door of my tiny space. 

My expression darkened  when I noticed the set of clothes scattered everywhere in the living room by the time Jungwon-hyung and I got downstairs.
“Since when did this house become a motel for quicks fucks? I wasn’t informed about it, hyung.” I muttered as I picked up his dirty clothes scattered on the floor and piled them all in the washer. 

“Does uncle even know that you’re bringing different chicks home to fuck mercilessly? God, you never learn,” I added, holding up his dirty boxers stained with god-knows-what.

“He doesn’t need to know anything, li’l bro. Besides, I only bring home one woman!” he replied, trying to grab his boxers that I quickly dropped on the floor.

“It’s not that I care, but if you’re horny as hell and wanna do it in the night, do it somewhere else. I can’t have some time alone with myself,” I added as I waited for the washer to turn off. 

“If ya don’t wanna be  disturbed, then sleep in the streets. You can come back in the morning after we’re gone,” I glared at him through his clothed back. He may be my brother, but he’s such a pain in the ass.  

“Do what you want. I’m heading out. Lock up the doors before you leave, and spare one day of us not getting beaten up to death by him. You would not want your whore to see your face beaten up, would you?” I said and stepped out of the door without any notice. I think that’s it. We may be brothers by full blood, but we’re completely different apart; and the last thing I would want is to run away from his manipulative clutches and from the hands of our abusive uncle.

“Why, you little rascal-” those were his last words before I finally disappeared from the front door. 

“What a piece of shit you are, Gguk. You aren’t  not even replying to my texts! I really thought that you died in your room already!” Mingyu snapped as I was walking towards the campus gate with him.

“Sorry. Didn’t I tell you that the plans for summer break that I have in mind is to sleep a little longer?” I muttered as I held to my backpack tightly.
“You should’ve gone with Dong-Min and the others and left without me,”

“The hell, naw!! It would be unfair if we leave you out bro. I mean c’mon on, we’ve been best friends since we’re young,” he replied with a pout. Friends aren’t exactly the type of people that I know won’t stay on my radar forever. Pft, if they would’ve been given a chance to slap me for 75 bucks, they would’ve slapped the living hell outta me already. Just saying–

“I had friends? I thought they’re the ones who would leave  me to freeze to death in the midst of a hailstorm,” I added as I put on my black hoodie to cover my face.

“What! Of course you do!! Then what am I and the squad is to you, huh?? God, you’re hurting my feelings Jeon!!” he exclaimed and punched me slightly on my shoulder.

“Kidding,”

That little smile plastered on my face faded as soon as I observed those three goons hanging right outside the campus doors. I pulled my hoodie tighter so no one would recognize my face, and hopefully those three would fuck off for now.
“Damn, Gguk. It’s like, it’s burning out here yet you’re still wearing that hoodie? You’re disgracing my sense of fashion statement,” Mingyu-ssi commented and pulled on the sleeves of my hoodie.