Chapter 14: The NYC Lights part 3: Where the wild things are

“Hey, Jeongguk-ssi…” I called out to him later that night while we were headed back to campus.
“I..I’m sorry,” I added and nervously scratched the back of my head as I watched him turn around to face me.

“For what, senior Jimin? For taking me out?” he asked in response with confusion written all over his face.

“Yes, and also I… I’m sorry that I eavesdropped at your conversation with those three hoodlums earlier,” I declared apologetically and looked at him straight in the eyes.

“Oh no.. you listened to our conversation earlier?” he muttered, visibly distressed about what could possibly go wrong.

“Yes! And I didn’t mean to absorb whatever details were let out that time-” I stopped mid sentence when I saw him about to break and immediately swooped him in my arms so he could calm down.

“Look, Jeongguk-ssi, we may only have met, and I don’t know anything about you yet except your name, but I will help you. Consider me a friend starting today, and for as long as we meet each other in the hallways,” I said with a reassuring smile as I embraced him tightly.

God! What are you saying, Jimin? You’re just giving the boy another reason to freak out even more.

“It-it’s alright, senior Jimin. Thank you for helping me out...again,” he muttered as he freed himself from my embrace and politely bowed to me before walking again.

Indeed, what they say about him is true. He's mysterious and a social recluse, but something in me is more than willing to unravel his mysteries and understand him even more.

“CHRIST, YOU KNOW IT AIN’T EASY, YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT CAN BE~”

The party was still raving when we both arrived at the disco inside the campus walls again. With my hand wrapped around Jeon Jeongguk’s hand, we casually made our way through the crowd and being careful not to drag the omega boy around.
We managed to get through the crowd without getting caught in some dilemma and moments later, we finally arrived at our table.

“Will it be okay if I joined your table?” Jeongguk asked, gently tugging on my sleeved arms and hid from behind me.

“Yes, of course! Why won’t it be okay?” I responded as I patted his head and reassured him.

“Senior Jimin, you’re a member of an all-alpha group. There’s no way I’d fit in-”
“You worry too much, Jeongguk-ssi. We’re not all alpha in the group. One of us is a beta, and the other, an omega like you,”  I explained and removed my resting hand on his head.

“They’ll love you,” I added and squeezed his hand as if the gesture would ease up his anxiety.

“Heyyy y’all!!” I greeted the six guys seated in a dark corner, making the six of  them look at my direction at once.

“Well look who finally decided to show up and join us,” Taehyung commented, with a bottle of what looked like Brandy in his right hand, obviously getting wasted.
“Tch, none of your business, Tae.”

“Oh, my gowd. Where have you been, Jimin-ah?” Hobi-hyung asked me, scanning my face for any hints of where I could’ve possibly been in the last one hour of the party.
“A lot has happened here when you were gone,” It’s not like I wanted to stay here and witness whatever the hell that happened here while I was gone; besides I’m one of the few organizing committees of the event.

“Where is Namjoon-hyung, anyway?” I inquired as I searched for Namjoonie-hyung’s face within the group.

“Well, I just wanna step out for a bit and… you know? Clear my head,” I responded and shoved my hands back to my pockets.