Chapter 12: The NYC Lights -part 1: Standing Out

"FRIDAY NIGHTS AND THE LIGHTS ARE LOW~~ LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO GO," The disco was jam-packed the moment Taehyung and I arrived outside. Our hyungs were also waiting for us right outside the doors.

"Mhm hm. Took you two long enough," Seokjin-hyung said, as I felt him staring daggers at us with his arms impatiently crossed across his chest.

"Kim Seokjin?" the bouncer called out, preventing Seokjin-hyung from beating the living hell out of Taehyung and I.

"Oh yes, yes. That's me!" He snapped, his aura immediately changing from a dark and scary one to a flowery aura.
"You made me worried, my cute sweeties! I thought you'll ditch the party and leave your poor hyungs all alone throughout the night! Anyways, shall we go?" he declared and gestured to us to go inside the disco.

"Please excuse Jinnie-hyung's behaviour. You know that he's like that whenever something is pissing him off," Hoseokie-hyung hyung added, giving Tae and I assuring pats on our backs as he stepped foot in the building.

"Don't worry, he's not pissed at you both anymore, but someone else," Hoseokie-hyung assured, leaving both Taehyung and I on the doorway.

"ANYBODY COULD BE THAT GUY, NIGHT IS YOUNG AND THE MUSIC'S HIGH~~"

I let my eyes wander around the scene, loud party music booming through the walls, a huge sea of crowd having the time of their lives and socializing with other students. So this is where my schoolmates and even people of my own department go whenever school's out. Such a rowdy place. I soon found myself lost in the sea of the crowd, waving to anyone who I might know and socializing with them a little.

"Jiminie! You came~! You're looking really hot tonight," a familiar voice yelled over the booming music.

I turned to see Adora and her friends approaching my direction.
Like the usual, I greeted her with a kiss on her cheek before proceeding to chat with her.

"Oh, yes, Adora sweetie. I wouldn't want to break the promise I made now would I?" I watched her as Samantha and their friends rubbed their videos against mine, making me want to get away from them even more. Gosh, I hate excessive attention being given to me, I mean I do appreciate people acknowledging me but this is just too much.
It is still a mystery to me as to how I became well known to the students and what I did to make me popular.

"Let's have fun, Jiminie~" Samantha added, as she slid her hands down my body, feeling the music and losing herself at the moment.

"Get your filthy hands off of my darling Jiminie! Get your own Jiminie kind, you slutty whore!" I heard Diminnie hiss on my neck as I felt his grip on my arm go tighter.

"Did you hear that?" Samantha asked me as she cupped my cheeks with her cold hands.

"I'm sorry, hear what?" I inquired, and discreetly averted my gaze towards Diminnie who's probably staring daggers at Samantha right now.

"Jiminie, I heard a voice!!" she shrieked. Ugh, even though there's loud music around us, I can still hear her annoying as hell voice.

"I.. umm.. I'mma go and get us some drinks while we chat and dance the night away, yeah?" I told them as I successfully separated myself from their clutches.

“What the fuck was that about?” I asked Diminnie when we got away from them.
“Hey, I saved your ass back there, my darling. Can’t I atleast get an appreciation?” he asked with a pout as he was helping me with the drinks for my hyungs.

“Thank you for that. Your deed is very much appreciated,” I responded without looking up to him.
“Let’s go? My hyungs might be waiting for me already,”