Chapter 4- Pills and Strawberries

Summary: Jungkook's background story and astral projection.

----

"Here. Take my coat. You need it more than I am,"  the boy, twice my age said, giving me his fancy looking clothes. I guess he's not from around this area.

"T-thank you…" I replied, accepting the coat with my pale and trembling hands. I've been battling the cold rains and blizzards alone, and it has been so long since the last time I've received warmth in my life.

The boy looked at the direction where the voice came from. My heart ached at the sight of an older man  holding an umbrella approaching us. He has a family? Well, good for him. I wish for this boy to be happy for all eternity. What is family even? I could only smile painfully at the sight of this boy, named Jimin, as he reunited with the person he called his father.  I watched him go with the older man, while keeping that promise in mind.

Jimin… He's an alpha? He's such an angel for an alpha. I wish I could see him again…

--**--

My eyes shot open at the sound of the alarm booming throughout my room. I stumbled to the floor the moment I turned to my side in an attempt to turn it off.

2 AM. I had no plans of opening my blinds despite my struggle every time I wake up, darkness is the only one that understands me. With the feeling of grogginess still present, I opened my bedroom door and went outside, the cold wind freely touching my skin.
"Oh fuck.. Yes.. I'm coming~!!" My eyebrows curved upon hearing that sound coming from my brother's room. Looks like he brought another woman to fuck senseless tonight. I heaved a sigh as I passed his room and peeked  through the next room which I thought was where the loud noise and bright lights came from.

As usual there's our uncle who slept through his favorite sitcom television series Mind your Own Language and left the TV on with a bunch of empty liquor bottles sitting around.
I quietly went into the room, turned the TV off and covered him with a blanket I found somewhere in the room and went back to my room before he woke up.
I winced in pain when I ran my fingertips on the scratches and bruises scattered on my back, arms and torso. Some of them are new, some are just scars my childhood left on me.

I think I'll be needing new painkillers, the current ones I intake don't take its effects anymore. I glanced at my mirror and studied the scratches, bruises,  wounds and reddened skin  all over my body. I guess they won't be healed and disappear soon. That dream… It felt so real and that I feel like I've already met the person I talked to in the dream, somewhere…but I can't remember when and where.

I walked towards to my cabinet and rummaged through my drawers until my hands felt a bottle and grabbed it; I need not to see the label anymore, 'cause even in the dark I know that it's my only reliever, and no one will dare to stop me from running towards it to escape reality.
I held up the bottle into the moonlight passing through my damned window as a tired smile lit my face.

I popped a few  of both Morphine and Belladonna into my mouth, and before I even realized it, the ones in my mouth were the last of it for this month, and boy I really do need to phone that person to have my next supply delivered. I gulped the capsules in one go with a glass of water sitting on my bed table before I decided to lay back down when I heard that annoyance of a sound again but this time, outside my window.

Ugh, it's that drunkard of a bastard Seok-Min again. Luckily, I found a stone just sitting underneath my window, so I aimed it and threw it at the window just across mine.
It wasn't a while when my cell phone vibrated on the bed table.

[APR 8 at 1:15  PM]
Mingyu-ssi
Ugh, seriously, Jeon. I'm dying here Where ya at? I'mma pick you up and let's hit the town.

I collapsed on my bed with a troubled sigh. I think I remember telling this shithead that I absolutely have no plans for the summer break besides watching the clouds move by, and other than that, I refuse  to spend it like the other kids in our campus do.