Chapter 1- Summer of 1995

Summary:

The hyungs throw a despedida for Jimin before he goes back to Korea.

---

"TONIGHT I GOTTA CUT LOOSE, FOOTLOOSE, KICK OFF THE SUNDAY SHOES"

I jolted up from my rest with a shock as I struggled to find my phone and turn off the alarm that's blasting throughout my whole apartment. Jesus I could get kick outta here if their complains 'bout my alarm keeps up. With drowsiness still lingering in my system, I rolled off of my bed as I grabbed my phone and took a glance of the time.

9:30.

I quickly threw the covers off of me and took a quick shower. Oh god, I'm going to be expelled at this rate! I know I should be spending my vacation properly, but I can't help but do the usual routines on my rush mornings. 
I let my thoughts wander off to the back of my mind as the warm water flows through my body.
I don't know but lately I've been longing for a certain  scent, like a scent of strawberry candies, and no, there is no way in hell that I'd ever let Taehyung know.

He'll never shut up about my strange craving for strawberry candied scents for heaven' sake and might even yell it to our friends with that mouth he has; I shuddered at the thought of the hyungs finding out about it. Those strawberry candies… I am certain that I definitely had smelt them before, god, should I go perfume shopping again and get myself into starting my addiction of indulging in pretty scents again?

"Oh god I'm so sorry I'm gonna be late again for school," I mumbled to myself as I caught up with Taehyung on the way to our campus. 
"What are you talking about?? It's summer break, Chim. I just went here to get my grades for the past quarter, pops wanna see how's it goin'." He says, the moment we entered our department's deserted building.

"Yo, Tae and Jiminie!" Namjoon-hyung called out, joining us as we strolled the deserted hallways of our building.

"Up for a jig? The town disco is gonna be hosting a dance off this weekend," I cannot believe my ears. Namjoon, the genius of our department who constantly rejects the jocks' offer to join them and be the captain of the school's football team, was actually inviting us for a jive with them this weekend? Wow, that's new.

"Yeah, of course! Jiminie, you have no choice but to come with us. Don't tell us you're still going to spend your summer break once in a school year to study those boring lectures Professor Ashford sent us on our last day," Taehyung urged, giving me a gentle nudge on my elbow.
Oh great, he dared exposed what I was supposed  to do, my best friend indeed.

"Umm, actually…" I felt Namjoon-hyung and Taehyung look at me in anticipation for my answer.

"What? Spit it,"

"I was planning to visit my family back in Korea. My brother has been constantly writing me letters and calling me,  pestering me about visiting our folks. So yeah, I'm sorry, guys." I stood there like an  idiot as I watched their reaction.

"You've got bad timing, bro." Taehyung muttered as he pushed his glasses back to his nose frame. 
"When are you leaving?" 

"Tomorrow," I simply replied, hoping they would get the hang of it.

"What! Already?? Can't you reschedule it?" Taehyung blurted out as he pushed his glasses back to his nose bridge. 
"I'm sorry, Tae. I can't. Oh, as if you don't know Jihyun. He'll never stop pestering me if I don't get home quick," I heaved a sigh as the thought of another phone call ringing through my head flashes in my mind again.

"Does he have nothing or no one else to worry about other than pestering you? An omega or alpha perhaps?" Tae inquired as I slammed the door of my locker close.