Chapter 7: Encounter at the 1995 ISC

Summary: Jimin went to the 1995 International Seoul Tech Convention with his mother, brother and  Sofia Berker.

---

I stood in silence as I finished dressing myself later that day, more and more questions clouded my mind regarding what Dimminie and I both saw and heard that rainy day.
"You have a nice room, Jimin-ssi," I glanced at my mirror to see Sofia approaching me, her fingertips gently caressing the furniture inside my room.

"Thank you, Ms. Sofia...but to be honest I think my room is too extravagant for me," I replied, eyeing her on my mirror as I fixed my tie.

"Oh, please. Let's drop the honorifics, Jimin. You may call me Sofia," she answered as she sat down on the edge of my bed.
"That's right! I haven't seen Seo-Ah ssi... where is she? I must find her to apologize to her for leaving her alone," I stuttered as I turned around to face her.

"Seo-Ah? Ah, yes..Apologies for forgetting to tell you, but she said she had some important matters to take care of. Hence, she might not be able to join us today," she explained in a soft tone.
"Here. Let me help," she says, as she casually walked towards me and fixed my tie.

"She's a decent one, but boy, my darling don't sell yourself to such clingy sloths like her."
A voice, no...Dimminie's voice whispered from behind me.

"Can't I have one peaceful day without you echoing in my head?" I hissed under my breath, hoping that Sofia wouldn't notice me talking to myself like I'm some mental asylum patient.

"Are you thinking that I'll just go away and detach myself from you? I'm here to remind you of your 'debt', master, and secondly, that's not how it works, darling," I shivered a little when I heard him purr seductively. Fuck you, Jimin, this ain't the right time for this.

"I'm so sorry my mom had to force you into coming with us. Sometimes she's a pain in the ass," I declared as I quietly watched her help me with my suit.
"Oh, no! Not at all! I like to be in control, in that way I won't cross the line," she says, finally finishing with a quick pull on my coat to straighten it out.

"Hurry up, you two. The limo is waiting for us already," We both snap out of our staring dazes when we hear mother calling us from the hallway, making us both reply in return.

"Where are we going?" I asked Sofia later that day, as the four of us sat in silence in the back of our limousine.

"Korea is hosting this year's International Tech Convention, and trust me when they say that it's the major event of the year that people in the field of science and technology are looking to, it's the real deal," Sofia explained as she took a sip from her hot tea.

"Have you ever attended an ITC event, Jimin?" she asked me, setting down the cup of tea, and fixed her sitting position.
"Unfortunately, no. I think not," I responded meekly as I met her stare for a moment.

"Oh, well then, this must be your major event!" she snapped, a little too enthusiastically.

"Can you at least tell me why I had to be dragged in this, hyung?" Jihyun whispered, leaning towards me as he looked at my eyes.
"Going to crowded places like this isn't exactly my cup of tea, unless I would see some prominent pips,"

"Shut it, Jihyun. Don't even bother to ask me why," I replied as I looked out to the window as the car moved along.

The uncomfortable silence continued until we were awakened by the sound of the car door opening and the light from outside that blinded us.

"We're here. Now come along, and let Mr. Oh park the car." Mother declared as she pulled us along with her towards the entrance of the Seoul World Trade Center.
The four of us strutted behind her, passing by different people and machines.