Chapter 13: The NYC Lights- Part 2: In the midnight hours

I felt myself catching my breath as I got  away from the hustle and bustle from the crowd.  Hopefully they won't find me here. As the night gets deeper, the mood of the party gets hyped even more, as the volume of the crowd is basically an ocean by now, as the party music continues to set the mood in the party. 

As I walked through the other side of the venue, I started to break into cold sweat as I let my eyes wander around, as if they’re just right around the corner.
With my hands anxiously trembling, I placed my telephone  next to my ear to await their response.

“THEN I GET NIGHT FEVER, NIGHT FEVER~ WE KNOW HOW TO DO IT~”

“Tic tock, tic tock. Where are you? Time’s a ticking bomb, Jeongguk. Are you going to hand it over or what?” The deep voice, the voice of Alexus boomed from the other side of the line.

“I’m here. I’m outside the venue, j-just as you’ve told me,”  I uttered and nervously shoved my phone inside my pockets.
I tucked some stray pieces of my hair blowing all over my face behind my ears. Was it supposed to  be a hot summer this year? It’s strange that there’s cool wind blowing tonight.

“OI. What took you so long, huh??” Clinton demanded, grabbing me by the collar of my clothing and shoved me to the ground as they held up the paper bag that I was holding up in the air.
“Is that all of Yugyeom’s items?”

“Y-yes..” I felt all of my tears forming a lump in my throat as I helplessly watched them taunt me again as I curled up like a lost kitten on the ground without no one to turn to for help.

----

I heaved a relieved sigh the moment we got out of the stuffy party venue. I turned to see Diminnie keeping his hair from being blown by the wind.

“Ya, Diminnie. You alright?” I asked as I gestured to assist him.
“Oh yes, darling. Thank you for your concern. You said it’s summertime in this place, yes?” He replied, looking up to me.

“That’s right, but it’s a mystery to me as well why it’s windy for this year’s summer,” I responded as I continued walking.

“Jeon Jeongguk…”

That scene from the venue earlier flashed to my mind, causing me to stop in my tracks.
The mood in the party was getting wilder, and just as Diminnie and I were about to escape the scene, there he was, running as swift as a deer, as if he was captured by his hunters.

As if time worked to stop the moment so I could observe that angelic and pretty little details about him, the omega boy that I bumped into in the cafeteria, from afar.

Then as if  we were struck by magic,  time worked again, as I glimpsed of him fleeing for his life.

“Jimin darling?”

“Earth to my darling, Jiminie!” Diminnie called out, causing me to snap out of my thoughts in the clouds.

“Oh? My apologies, what were you saying, Diminnie?” I asked and looked at him as we continued strolling the streets.

“I was wondering why that cutie omega boy was running towards the exit. Have you noticed him too?”
I nodded, unable to get my words out of my mouth.

“Maybe he was going to meet up with someone around the area, who knows?”

“Darling, why would he meet up with somebody in this area, not to mention, a dark place?” he inquired in return

Our conversation was interrupted when we saw four guys on the other side of the park.

“Lies!! Where is it?? Where are the other things that Yugyeom gave you??” My ears perked up at the sound of the muffled voices from afar. Wait, those voices sounded familiar.