Chapter 27 - Online

Tw: Slight description of self harm

A week had passed. Sapnap had left and gone back to Texas. It left Dream and George alone. Alone to experiment. To figure everything out. George still hadn't properly sat and talked to Dream about the night it all happened. Every time he brought it up George had flashbacks that set him in immense pain and reminded him of the reason he gave up. George still felt as though he hadn't made his decision yet. He had been pulled back to Dream. But was it all too much? The question had surfaced many times in the last days. The thought that George shouldn't be here. It felt like he didn't deserve any of this... Another thing he hadn't told Dream.

Calling Dream his boyfriend was weird. It didn't seem to fit. George liked the more secretive, and unexpected relationship that they had previously dealt with. Although it had kept him on edge and was almost toxic he enjoyed the butterflies the crept up on him unexpectedly. And most of all, the desperation of seeing someone who live almost a day away. Now they lived together. At least until they decided on the definite future. Dreams kisses didn't leave George tingling anymore. His touch had worn off. But George great fully accepted and took every moment together.

Now they were finally ready. Dream was at least. They were going to tell everyone. Starting off with the smp, and ending with the news on a stream. George hadn't streamed in a while.

George was sitting with his headphones on at his desk, illuminated in the white light, discord open. Dream was beside him, also with headphones.
George watched nervously as his cursor hovered over the VC2 button. It was filled with everyone. Everyone from the smp. George felt his hand shaking as voices began to fill his ears. Familiar conversations between people he hadn't heard in ages.

"Hey guys" he said, stating his arrival in the discord. He had let everyone know that he wanted to talk to them. And everyone's tones made it clear they were anxiously awaiting what he would say.

"Are we gonna wait for Dream?" Said Bad. George smiled and looked to his left. Dream was spinning around in his chair playfully.

"Oh um I'm here!" He said and giggled. There were a few shocked noises.

"Is he...?" Tubbo began.

"Yes, he's sitting next to me" George said. "Anyway, we both have something to tell you, because um, it's obvious you all saw the video Fundy posted, even if you didn't attend the wedding." George said.

"I saw that, is it true?" Asked Niki, her voice was sweet and calming, she had been quiet in calls, but was on if the first people to ask how George was as soon as she saw the news.

"Um.." George stammered, he couldn't believe he was saying it.

"Yes" Dream replied and a wheezed quietly.

"Anyway, what we really want to tell you" George said taking a breath. The call had fallen silent. Eagerly awaiting the sentence which wouldn't be surprising.

"Me and Dream...." he felt the butterflies fly back. How could he even think about letting go. He loved Dream. Just watching him spinning around happily made George blush.

"We've decided to start dating" he said as immense pressure felt as though it had been lifted of his chest.
The call was inaudible. A mixture or clapping, cheering, laughing and kind words echoed through his head.

"Congrats big man!" Said Tommy.

"Thanks" George giggled nervously, as he felt himself blushing.

————————

Dream had convinced him to stream. The reaction of his friends had lifted his spirit but he didn't know what the reaction of public would be. A lot of hate had been sent to his Twitter and social media recently. Mostly Fundy stans. It made him anxious.
Dream was lying on George's bed behind him. The button glowed in front of him. Go Live. He took a deep breath and pressed on his mouse. It took a few seconds but before long George was watching his little face cam and the chat that speed across the screen. He hadn't seen himself in a while. His face was tired and his hair hadn't been combed this morning.

"Hi chat" he said smiling at all the positive messages. They hid the few negatives ones trying to blame George for Fundys actions.

"I'm sorry I haven't streamed in a while, but I promise I'll make it up to you in this stream" he glanced behind him at Dream who I could only just see because of his green screen.

"I have something to tell everyone". The chat speed faster. Questions about the recent news. He couldn't talk about that yet.

"So first of all I have someone staying at my house for now, say hi" he giggled and waited for Dreams response.

"Hey guys!" He shouted enthusiastically from the bed. George blushed.
Omg they met up!
No way!
Why's George blushing :)
George smiled.

"Any um we both have something to say" George said. He felt himself get nervous. This was harder than before.
It's just in front of a computer, he thought to himself.

"Well I'm guessing everyone saw that video Fundy posted" his name hurt to say.

"It's um true" he said.

"So me and Dream, we've decided to start dating" he let go of the words. It still felt wrong to say. Dream wheezed from behind him. He looked away from the camera and read chat.
OMG!
Wth no way!!!
YASSSS!
Dnf hehe :)
Ew that's gay go say sorry to Fundy
You should've died
A message caught his eyes, along with a few more similar ones. It made him shiver.

The stream only lasted an hour but after more and more hate comments and messages George finally felt overwhelmed and ended.

As soon as he turned off his computer he stood up. Dream was watching him.

"Good" he lied and forced a small smile. Dream smiled back. George walked out of his room, making a quick stop in the kitchen before locking the bathroom door.
He should've felt happy with the response. He should've ignored the minor hate. But it got into his head. He felt a cold tear slip down his cheek. How badly he wanted to leave. He wanted to go back. Back to the empty place in his head where his need for Dream had pulled him back. It was true. He didn't deserve Dream. Fundy would have been better. Everything about Fundy was better than George.
He slumped against the wall, bringing his knees up to his chest to control his shaking. Another tear sunk into his shirt. And he squeezed his eyes shut as a small metal blade cut across his wrist.

End Notes:

- Yay we hit 1k reads, super happy!

- Leave comments or lmk on Insta- @sophiejudddt how you think the story is so far!

- Hope you guys enjoyed, new chapter tomorrow night xx