Chapter 17: Be careful what you do

''Can you take me to grandma's? I want to stay for a week or so at her place.'' I said to my mom.

''Yeah, did you call her?'' she asked.

''She said I can come whenever I want.'' I replied.

''Okay then.'' she said.

I hurried to my room to pack my clothes. I took my purple suitcase and started picking out some nice clothes, shoes and everything else but I made sure my mom doesn't see this. On top I put my 'old' clothes and sneakers. 

''Why are you bringing a suitcase with?'' she was confused because I would always carry a big plastic bag with clothes to my grandma's.

''Mom, please, I'm not a little girl anymore.'' I made a joke and smiled. She just nodded and went to the kitchen.

Of course I didn't pack a full suitcase because I'm going to grandma's. Am I about to do the wrong thing? Maybe yes, but it's not about that. I will be with him no matter the price. If they find out, so be it. You have to live in the moment, not worry about the future.

''Come on, are you finally ready?'' my mom was pretty nervous because she was cooking dinner but she had to take me to grandma's.

''It's only a 10 minute ride.'' I said trying to cover up that my suitcase was as heavy as lead.

As I said, it only took about ten minutes to get to my grandparents' house in a village near my hometown. When I got there my grandma hugged me, kissed me and, like always, called me her sunshine which I liked. I said goodbye to my mom and got into the front yard.

''Are you hungry, I have some pancakes ready.'' she asked as always.

''Nana, I need you to do something for me.'' I immediately changed the subject.

''What is it, sweetheart?'' she asked.

''You know I love mom and dad, but, I have one other person I love with all my heart.'' I needed to ask her but I didn't know how.

''That boy?'' she knew.

''Yes. And you know I'm not allowed to see him.'' I continued.

''Sweetheart, what are you trying to say?'' she wanted me to be honest.

''He gave me these tickets, for me to visit him and I can't leave home for a week without mom and dad noticing. If you could just pretend I'm here for a week, just for a week, I promise.''  I took her hand and stroked it.

''Karla, I can't do that...'' she said.

''But nana, I love him to the heavens, I can't be alone all the time. Please, understand.'' I tried to convince her.

''Sweetheart, I know...''

''If they call, just say I'm in the garden and they have to call me on my phone. And if they come over, just say I'm with Laura or someone. It will be for just a week.'' I said.

''You have to promise me you'll come back quickly and healthy!'' she said.

I smiled and ran to her arms. I couldn't describe the feeling of happiness I felt. The bus for Zagreb was leaving in an hour so I grabbed something to eat, kissed my grandparents and headed to the bus station which was about twenty minutes away by foot. 

By the time we left off, I wasn't having any second thoughts about to go or not to go. I was now completely sure I wanted to go. Although I was exhausted from the four hour bus ride, I hat to run to catch the plane which was just about to take off. The ticket Neymar bought had me sit in the first class but all the way on the very end of the plane. I had to have some sleep so I tried to get a rest in the plane. And we took off. No coming back now.