Chapter 6: Two-time-Cindy

''Welcome to Fortaleza.'' he said as we stepped out of the plane. 

''It's really nice.'' I said. I didn't even realize the girls were far behind me. They didn't talk to anyone so they were a bit shy unlike Joseph who was hanging out with the team. When I turned around ans saw them I called them over to me. 

''Thanks for forgetting about us.'' Barbara said.

''I didn't forget you. I was just talking and... Besides, why don't you talk to someone?'' I defended myself.

''They're like a hundred years older than us, how are we supposed to talk to them?'' she was upset again.

''Calm down and wait until we get to the hotel.'' I said. 

I tied my hair in a ponytail because it was very hot for June and we weren't used to that kind of heat. Finally we came to the hotel. Unlike the hotel in Sao Paulo, us four girls had to share one room. The room had one double bed and two single ones.

''Dibs on the single one!'' Maria I shouted before we even got to them. 

''Not fucking fair! I won't share a bed!'' Mia complained.

''Well I'm the oldest so I get to choose!'' Barbara was mad.

''I don't care, I'm the second oldest.'' I jumped on the bed and smiled.

When they finally agreed to stay where they are, I pulled out my phone and called my parents who are probably freaking out right now. And I don't want to mention grandma.

''For the love of all that's sacred, where the hell are you?!'' mom raised her voice.

''Hey mom, nice to hear you too.'' 

''Just tell me where you are!'' she yelled again.

''The flight has been canceled due to strong winds. Nobody can go over the Atlantic.'' I said.

''So when are you coming home?'' she asked.

''I don't know, but this turned out to be good!''

''Why?'' she asked.

''I'm in Fortaleza and, and, this is the best part, I've met the whole Brazilian team!'' I squeaked.

''Stay away from Brazilians and trouble!''

''Okay, later. Oh! Tell grandma I'm not somewhere lying dead in a ditch.'' I said and she laughed.

After I took a quick shower, I  put a white summer dress on, brown sandals and braided my hair into little braids and tied them in a bun. Just because it was so damn hot. The girls fell asleep very soon but I was really hungry so I went down to grab a bite.

''Sneaking out?'' asked a hoarse voice which was always following me.

''Yes, I am. Wanna join me?'' I said quietly. ''Actually I was thinking of eating something but running away sound good too.'' 

''Eating, huh? Okay, we're going to eat.'' he said and took my hand.

''Neymar what are you doing?'' I was confused.

''I'm buying you lunch.'' he said. 

He called a taxi and we went into town. A humasive city was in front of me which had almost as much residents as my home country. He took me to the beach where we ate hamburgers. We were sitting on the coast so the water would splash us every second.

''I thought you guys don't eat this stuff.'' I said with my mouth full.

''I thought you girls don't eat this stuff.'' he smiled.

''Touché.'' 

''So, Cinderella, how do you like the city?'' he asked.

''It's nice, but there's no place like home.'' I replied.

''I knew it you weren't from here.'' he said.

''No, I'm not, my home is very far away, Croatia.'' I said.

''We played against your boys yesterday.'' he said.

''Yeah, let's not talk about it.'' I was trying to change the subject.

We finished our hamburgers and went for ice cream. Before we knew it the sun started to set and it was getting late. When the beach was nearly empty, we took a stroll along the coastline. I took my sandals off and let my hair down. He took his sneakers off and we walked down the beach.

''Why are you all of the sudden so quiet?'' he looked at me.

''I'm just really tired from the flight and all that.'' I said very quiet.

''Than I guess this will wake you up.'' he grinned.

He tossed his sneakers, picked me up and threw me into the water. While I was in there all wet, he was laughing and slowly walking away.

''Neymar! Wait, who's gonna take me home?! I don't know Portuguese!'' I shouted and he just laughed. 

I finally got out of the water all wet and soggy. My dress was all tight around my body and you could see through it. I ran towards him and hugged him so the water would get on to his clothes. 

''All awake now?'' he smiled.

''Yes, how about you?'' I asked.

''Just fine.'' he said and smiled.

''How am I supposed to go through the city looking like this?'' I pretended to cry.

''Like this.'' he took his shirt off and put it on me so nothing could be seen. He took my hair out of the shirt and put it over it. 

''Thanks.'' I said and shyly smiled.

''You're welcome.'' he replied.

The sun was about to set when we decided to go home. I noticed that something was missing. 

''Oh my God! I lost my shoes again!'' I panicked. But then he pulled them out and they were in his hands. I took them and put them on.

''Where were they?'' I asked putting them on.

''Behind my back.'' he said. ''I won't be here to save you from trouble Cinderella.''

''It was just this one..''

''...two.'' 

''...two times.'' I said. 

The taxi dropped us at the hotel. It was already ten past six when we got there. Some of the boys were in front of the hotel hanging out with Joseph. I assumed the girls were on dinner which was between six and eight.

''Here, this is yours.'' I said taking off his shirt and giving it to him.

''You can keep it, I have plenty of shirts.'' he gave it back.

''I like it, a memory of the Cup and Brazil. And you.'' I looked him in the eyes and he looked into mine. 

''Um, do you want to meet at dinner at seven?'' he asked looking away.

''Yeah, sure, meet you there.'' I smiled and hurried inside.

(...)

''Where have you been?'' they all asked.

''You didn't even take your phone, we were about to call the police!'' Barbara said.

''I was having lunch. With Neymar.'' I said that last part a little quieter.

They all screamed and asked me about the details. I promised them a list of details after dinner. They also wanted to meet the team but I had nothing to do with the team. Nothing made me happier that this gorgeous day with him. If it could just last the whole eternity.

400 readers, wow! Thank you for reading! If you want to be a part of this story leave a comment below saying what do you think will happen next or if you have a suggestion, I will take all of your comments into consideration, love you!