Chapter 18: Fool me once

''H-hello?'' I tried to pull myself together.

''Hey, grandma said you were out in the store.'' she said.

''Well, yeah, I mean, we were planning on making a pie for breakfast and we were out of salt so I had to run to the shop...'' I lied.

''Breakfast? Don't you mean lunch?'' she asked.

Fuck, the time is different there. I said to myself. I snuck out of bed and into the bathroom. I couldn't do math at this time of the day so I just guessed it's about one o'clock in Croatia. My voice was so quiet because I didn't want to wake up Neymar, but I had to talk normally on the phone.

''Yeah, well, you know me... I got up at noon so this is a sort of breakfast to me...'' I made up lies quicker than anytime in my life.

''I should've known. So anyways, we're coming to have a barbecue on Sunday, just so you know.'' she said.

''Oh, you are? Great, well, see you then!'' I ended the call. I exhaled and relaxed. I will have to be home until Sunday, that's for sure. However, I do have the whole week since it's only Monday morning now. 

The door screeched a bit as I was walking out, but Neymar was sleeping really tight. He was turned to my side so I snuggled up with him. His arms embraced me while I was trying to fall back asleep.

''Why are you awake?'' Neymar asked with his raspy morning voice.

''No reason. I like your morning voice.'' I said and turned to him. His eyes were still closed because he was practically still sleeping.

''Really? I guess I have to talk a little more in the mornings.'' he said slowly opening his eyes. ''So, what do you want to do today?''

''Sleep.'' I said closing my eyes and making myself comfortable in the bed. 

''Come on, get up.'' he was suddenly wide awake and out of bed. I just continued my sleep but he took my blanket away and I was so cold.

''This was our first night together, do you really want to end it like this?'' I asked curling up in a ball.

''Yes, I do.'' I could feel he was smiling out of the way he said that. My sleep was disturbed when he came and picked me up, put me on the floor and left me laying there. 

My wish for sleep has faded away so I got up and headed to the bathroom. We were the first ones in the house to be awake so we had to keep quiet. It was a huge house and I wasn't getting around too well. I would come to the bathroom and be lost as soon as I would step out of it.

We both did our morning routine; brushing teeth, washing up... I put on a simple white summer dress and a pair of sandals. The ones I lost in Fortaleza. Neymar was still walking around shirtless. 

I could now clearly look around that gigantic house of his. I came down the stairs to the kitchen / living room and turned on the TV. It was my routine at home so I hoped nobody would mind. From the moment I got here, I knew what I wanted to eat; my oven-baked mini sandwiches. So I got some ham, cheese, baugetes and ketchup. It took about 10-15 minutes to make. 

Neymar was down when I finished. I put it on the dinner table and sat down.

''Don't worry, I can cook. It's not poisonous.'' I said that because of the expression on his face.

''You shouldn't have cooked. We have a person who cooks for us. Don't put yourself to the trouble.'' he said kissing my cheek. 

''Oh, you know I always made food for myself and it became a habit so, I did that impulsively.'' I said while taking a bite of my mini sandwich.