Chapter 23: Moving on

The message was immediately screenshoted and sent to Barbara. It did not mind me it was midnight and she was probably asleep. Surprisingly, she replied right after the screenshot was sent. I was nervously expecting her reply.

''What?? Does he want to get back?''

''I don't know! It's midnight and I got this so I'm not sure what to answer back.''

''He's just being an asshole, provoking you.''

''You think so?''

''Trust me, I wouldn't say anything if I was you.''

''But don't you think he wants to apologize?''

''Look, he probably thinks he can play around with you just because you're so blindly into him that you can't see he's a jerk.''

''I don't believe he would do that. He's Neymar.''

''He's a player, darling.''

''Okay, thanks for the advice.''

''See you tomorrow.''

I plugged my phone in to the charger and turned off the television in my room. Barbara's words were in my head the whole night as I tossed and turned. I was really intrigued by her opinion on Neymar but on the other hand, I was more interested in the fact that she thinks I shouldn't even think about him. I know she always said she'd do anything to be with a famous person, but now she clearly doesn't think that way.

Finally I fell asleep about two hours after I turned off my TV. My body wasn't yet ready for these kinds of concerns. I felt like everything I did in the past several months was so stupid of me; I left for Brazil when I was visiting my old grandmother who was probably praying every hour for me. It's definitely time to grow up once and for all.

Love? Is love finding out he's having one girl for Brazil, one for playing around with and what not? With those thoughts I fell asleep feeling so cold.

(...)

My mum was already at work and my dad was making breakfast/lunch when I woke up. I officially stepped in the eighteenth year of my life. After my morning hygiene, I sat down with my dad to eat.

''Dad? I'm seventeen now.'' I went around the bush before I could ask him.

''You are, I guess.'' he joked.

''So I'm allowed to have a driving licence...'' I continued.

''Look, sweetheart, we can't afford ourselves to pay ten thousand...'' his eyes were looking like they were about to start crying while his forehead was like when he was angry.

''I know, I just thought I had to start growing up. This whole thing with Neymar...'' I put down my fork.

''And we have to pay for your trip to Barcelona, that's expensive.'' he explained.

''Oh, right, Barcelona.'' I reminded myself of that. In about eleven months I'm going to be travelling to the city of Camp Nou.

Right about then my intercom ringed so I went to answer it.

''Yea?'' I said still chewing food.

''Come outside, I have to tell you something, just be quick.'' Mia said rapidly.

''I'll come in a minute.'' I answered.

''Fine, just hurry up!'' she was nervous.

Because Mia called, I sent a message to Barbara and Maria to come down so we could all hang out. In a few minutes I was down with her. She looked very nervous so I asked what happened.

''I have to tell you something that you're not gonna like.'' she said.

''Did something happen?'' now I was worried.

''The other night, on Sunday...'' she started.

''Yes, we celebrated my birthday.'' I interrupted her.

''Right, listen now, you probably don't remember but Barbara...'' she started again.

''Honestly, I don't remember many things from that night.'' and I interrupted her again.

''Will you LISTEN to me?!'' she shouted.

''Sorry...'' I kept quiet.

''Barbara was the one who sent...''

''You guys don't even know how hot the guy I saw in the store was!'' Barbara made usually loud entrance.

Mia kept quiet when Barbara got here. I asked her to continue but she didn't want to say anything now so I just forgot about it.

Neymar's POV

''So... Do you know what was yesterday?'' Dani asked me while we were flying to Barcelona.

''Monday?'' I was confused.

''No, well yes, but something more important than Monday.'' he said.

''Stop torturing me, I don't know.'' I gave up.

''It was Karla's birthday, idiot.'' he whacked me on the head and started listening to music.

''It was?'' I nudged him so he would turn to me.

''Luckily I got you covered, I sent her a message.'' he put his headphones back on.

''You did what?'' I took his headphones angrily.

''What you heard.'' he replied to my question.

''She doesn't deserve nothing from me, cheating slut.'' I said because I was absolutely furious.

''Whoa. I didn't see this one coming. You two must be over.'' he said taking his headphones away from me.

''I'm over her and I'm never thinking about her again.'' I muttered.

Maybe I should've wished her a happy birthday. But she was the one who cheated on me, not vice versa. I very much regret the last months spent with her but instead I could've been playing for my country, maybe win the World Cup. I choose love over football. That love could've costed me my career, my health. She doesn't know what I done for her, I broke my back just to be with her and now this is how she shows her love for me. Love is shit.

(...)

I landed in Barcelona around five o'clock and I headed straight to bed because of the jet lag I was dealing with. Right after my body touched the freshly washed sheets, someone knocked on the door, loud enough for me to hear it. There was nobody home since I just arrived so I had to open it myself.

''Ola, nós precisamos conversar.'' a very well known voice said.

''What do we need to talk about Bruninha?'' I said with a crooked smile on my face. Definitely over Karla.