Chapter 8: You promise?

I woke up at seven. Something must definitely be wrong with me because I never wake up so early. No one was awake so I decided to stay in bed for a while and watch TV. Like in the previous hotel, there were only Brazilian channels but one.

''Brazil's best striker is striking again! The 22-year-old has been seen with a gorgeous young lady in one of Fortaleza's hottest beaches. A source tells us they're staying in the same hotel, in the same room. His brunette was also spotted in the crowd on Thursday in Sao Paulo. Are they the new sweethearts in the world of football?''  

''No, no, no. I wasn't dreaming?'' I said out loud.

''Yes but I were.'' Barbara woke up looking horrible. ''What time is it?''

''Five past seven.'' I said.

''Where were you last night? We couldn't wait up for you so we fell asleep.'' she said yawning.

''We kissed.'' I said smiling.

''NO WAY.'' she was immediately awake. ''What was he like, tell me everything!''

''It was a my first one, but it was so amazing. I don't know how to describe it... Magical, that's what it was, magic.'' I said lying down.

She was so excited about last night. When the others woke up I had to retell the whole story but I enjoyed telling every word. We decided to go to breakfast together. I put on a large white shirt, underneath it an ordinary white sleeveless shirt and jean shorts. I let my hair down and put my white sandals on. 

(...)

There were a few guests in the restaurant. It was a self service in the mornings so I took a dairy spread, bread and orange juice. the girls took pretty much the same except for Mia who took cereal.

''Ooo, look who's coming.'' said Mia looking behind my back on the entrance.

And really there were the boys standing on the entrance waiting to get food. Neymar was with David Luiz who was talking something to him while pointing on me. Soon he was coming up to me.

''Can I talk to you?'' he asked.

''Um, yeah.'' I wiped my face and went with him. I could hear the girls giggling in the background.

''Do you feel what I feel?'' he asked holding my hands.

''Depends on the feeling.'' I said.

''You know. In your stomach, not butterflies but eagles, I don't know how to describe it I cannot put it into words. Since last night, I couldn't stop thinking about you. You made me feel so damn in love.'' he said looking directly into my eyes which were tearing up from the beautiful words coming out of his mouth.

''Why would you even ask me that?'' I said.

He put his forehead onto mine and took me by the waist. He smiled and took a breath while moving his hands onto my cheeks and his lips onto mine. It felt like all the love I was receiving throughout my life was coming to me right now.

He took my hand and we walked into the restaurant like that. We got back to the table I was sitting and sat there. The girls were looking at us in a strange way. They even stopped to chew.

''What?'' I asked.

''Are you... I mean...'' Maria was lacking words.

''Are we together?'' Neymar said.

''Yes, exactly.'' she said.

''We are.'' we said together. 

I introduced the girls to Neymar and we talked for a while. He invited us to training at eleven at the stadium. We agreed to come. After we finished breakfast, we got dressed for the training. I put an ordinary Nike polo shirt on. I kept the shorts but I got my blue Nike sneakers which matched the shirt. 

(...)

Neymar POV

''You go ahead I have to get my equipment from the team.''  I said to David.

''Okay, I'll meet you in the hotel then.'' he said.

I got my jersey and shorts for the game on Thursday. I was coming out of the shower when she showed up in the locker room.

''Hey.'' I said to her.

''Hey yourself.'' she replied. 

''Where are your girls?'' I asked coming closer to her.

''I sent them to the hotel with David.'' she answered. I noticed her eyes tearing up.

''What is it baby? Love, tell me.'' I put my hands on her cheeks and wiped her tears.

''It's just... I finally have someone who I love from the bottom of my heart and to think I only have two more days with you makes me... Hurt.'' her voice cracked and she hugged me. I could feel her trembling so I just held her tighter. The thought of leaving her made me feel uncomfortable too. 

''We're going to be together no matter what, okay?'' I said wiping her tears and looking into her watery red eyes.

''You promise?'' she asked.

''I promise, I swear.'' I said and kissed her in the forehead.

I put my clothes on and went out where the press was waiting to ask me various questions about Karla. We held hands and called the taxi to pick us up. 

''Neymar, is that your new girlfriend?''

''What's going to happen with Bruna?''

''Are you together?''

''What's her name?'' 

I wanted to tell them every single thing about her. But I didn't. I just wanted to talk about her to someone. While I still have her. Two days will be eternity for us. I looked at her and smiled. She smiled back. The most beautiful smile there is. The smile of my girl, only mine, no matter what happens, mine. I promised that.