Chapter 22: Single at seventeen

Sadness quickly went by and now I was furious. I wanted to go there and strangle him and his girlfriend. I was holding my phone so tight that the glass broke around the edges.

''Are you okay? You seem kinda pissed.'' Rose asked.

''Do I? Good.'' I replied sarcastically and put away my phone. Shortly after that I got another message that said:

Goodbye.

''Okay you piece of shit, goodbye.'' I said that out loud. I didn't text back just for the sake of it. Is he starting to be a dick all of the sudden? What's happening to him? I don't know but he's not going to do that to me.

Neymar's POV

''What?'' I asked Dani who was holding his phone so I could see a photo.

''Oh nothing I was just wondering how the fuck do you think Karla won't see this?'' his voice raised at the last part.

''She knows, in fact I've sent it to her firstly, before posting it to Instagram.'' I said continuing to play pool with Gil.

''Then could you explain what the hell is going on between you two?'' he asked.

I rapidly searched through my phone to find the thing which answers his question.

''This is what's going on!'' I turned the phone to him showing a photo of Karla kissing a random guy.

''What the...'' he didn't know what to say.

''I got it at seven in the morning today. Seven!'' I said and sat down.

''Oh man. So how exactly did you manage to get with Bruna in just four hours?'' he was confused.

''I haven't, I was with Gil all the time. This is our old photo.'' I replied feeling down.

''It's true we were sleeping when the text came and he was with me all the time.'' Gil backed up my story.

Dani was still in disbelief. I tried to act like I don't care about Karla anymore but in the inside I was confused and sad and what not. I shook it off and continued playing pool.

In the meantime Rafaella and Davi came. He was spending a couple of days with me before I leave for Barcelona. I assumed my sister found out about the photo on Instagram so I wanted to make it all clear to her. Davi was taken care of by Gil and Dani while we talked.

Karla's POV

''Oh honey, I know it must be difficult for you now.'' Barbara said while hugging me.

''It's okay, I'm fine. Really.'' and I was feeling neutral about this whole situation now except having a strong headache.

''No, you're not! Tell me everything!'' she was comforting me by making me talk about it.

''Nothing happened worth telling.'' I said wanting to head home.

''Why would he do this?'' she curiously asked.

''You have to ask him that.'' I stated and went home to take a rest because of the headache.

(...)

''Someone wants to talk to you.'' my mum woke me up at seven in the morning carrying the phone.

''Hello?'' I barely could say.

''Happy birthday, sunshine!'' granny was excited for my seventeenth birthday.

''Thank you very much.'' I still pretended like she didn't wake me up.

Grandma's sunshine was all awake after that. Firstly I took a painkiller to try to get rid of my headache. When I got up I felt strongly disorientated. after a few seconds it passed but I felt strange.

''Happy birthday kćeri.'' my dad kissed my cheek and handed me a box.

''It's beautiful, thanks.'' I said putting on a silver necklace with my name as a pendant.

Even though its screen was broken, my phone still worked properly. I received a call from my friend Marco who wanted to go have lunch with me. I put on a orange buttoned shirt, black skinny pants and white heels.

''You've grown a few centimeters since I last saw you.'' he said giving me a hug.

We drove to another town an hour away to have lunch and go catch a movie. We ate in McDonalds and watched a horror film. After that my back really started to hurt so we decided to go on a walk by the river.

(...)

I got home at about four so I had plenty of time to hang out with my other friends. I spent my day totally relaxed without even thinking of the man who broke my heart.

Even though I didn't care about Neymar, I was feeling down when my phone showed it was eleven fifty five. I replied to every single message I got for my birthday but there was no Neymar Jr. posting on my Facebook wall, Instagram, Twitter or just a regular SMS. He knows it's my birthday, even Dani texted me, but he's being just a jerk.

That's it. I said to myself. It was 23:58. And I hoped he would wish me a happy birthday. Only that. I decided to go to sleep as it was 23:59. Just when I was about to close my eyes something happened.

Happy birthday,

Neymar

I smiled.