Chapter 4: Hermosa

Neymar's POV

After my adventure in the bathroom and returning the shoes to my Cinderella, I came back into the hotel our team was staying in. When will I see her again? I asked myself this question at least fifty times that night. 

''' I was soon going to call you.'' said David while drying his hair.

''Man, she was beautiful.'' I sighed.

''You know Scolari doesn't want us staying late... Wait. Who was beautiful?'' he smiled and came closer.

'''I met a girl in the club. Karla.'' I already had her image in my mind.

''Really? What's she like?'' he asked.

''So far as I can remember, she has brown eyes and long brown hair. She's a shorty, I don't think she's over 170 cm. And her skin. Her skin was so soft like she bathed only in milk and honey.'' I started describing her.

''She Brazilian?'' he immediately asked.

''No. I mean, I don't know. She looked like a Latina but she was talking English. On the other hand, she had an accent that was not English. A bit like Russian.'' I said.

'' Okay, poetry boy, you described her better than you'd describe your mother. Come on, go to bed, I don't want you to be sleepy on practice.'' he said and got back to drying his hair. I took a quick shower and got ready for bed. Although I was pretty tired, I stayed awake for at least an hour. Not because I couldn't sleep but because I was thinking about her. 

Morning

It was already nine. The football practice starts at ten. I quickly got up and put on my gray Nike sweatpants, the yellow matching jersey and sneakers. David got up before me so he was ready to go. 

''Have you seen my headphones?'' I asked while looking under the bed.

''They're on the balcony.'' he answered.

''What are they doing there?'' I asked.

''You don't remember? You got up at about five and sat on the balcony while singing to Celine Dion. Weirdo.'' he laughed. 

''What? Never mind, we're gonna be late.'' I said, took the headphones, turned the music on and went to practice. 

(...)

''Neymar!'' I heard someone yelling my name. 

''What's wrong with you? Are you sick? You seem a little off today.'' Scolari came to me and put his hands on my cheeks.

 ''No, it's just that I haven't slept well last night.'' I said.

''That's no excuse. Three laps around the pitch.'' he commanded me. I started running. I've decided to stop thinking about her. That clearly backfired on me. I'm done with her. It was just one night and I could see the consequences. 

''What was that all about?'' asked David.

''I was distracted.'' I answered. 

''By what? Or who. Listen, we've got to focus on the games and practices and you are our main player. I'm just saying you should be more interested in football right now.'' he said and put his arm on my shoulder.

''I know. It's more important.'' I said. 

Karla's POV

I was awoken by the sound of someone's bad singing. There are so many freaks here I can't even sleep. I stepped outside on the balcony when I heard my phone ringing. I ran inside and quickly picked up so Barbara wouldn't wake up.